Chapter 2

The pounding in my head goes unnoticed as I spot his sleeping form. His hair lays over his face.

Silently, I brush it out of his face. His lips part ever so slightly. The morning light caresses his skin, and I envy that it could be so close.

Although we both smell of alcohol and vomit, I could hardly care.

As he basks in the glow of, his blue skin shines, and the ridges cast shadow of the rest of his crafted features.

The way the ridges stop, just over his lips, I wonder if I'd be able to feel them. When my curiosity gets the better of me, I place my lips to his.

They're soft, despite the heat. And I feel something, but it's cut short, when I feel his lip jerk. Instantly, I swing my legs out of bed.

~

When I open my eyes, I find my bed empty, like most nights. The countless maidens that I've slept with, are never there when I wake up.

As my chamber door opens, I look to find Odin steps into my room "Thor, I'd expected you to be up by now."

"Late night." I scowl, before swinging my legs off the bed and pulling on my pants "What do you want?"

Odin steps in, followed by Laufey who sighs "We know you spoke to Loki last night." he folds his hands in front of him.

When I pull on my armor, Odin sighs "And now he's refusing to cage himself. What did you say to him?"

I narrow my gaze at them "I told him that he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do, like cage himself."

Laufey steps forward and frowns "We're offering you a subservient submissive, and you want him to have that control?"

I step towards him and glare "Why would I want Loki to obey my every commandment? He wouldn't be Loki without a snarky comeback."

"A queen needs to be submissive to their king." Odin states, before looking to Laufey "And a queen with a bigger penis then their queen..."

"I don't care." I reply, before remarking "What makes you think I won't bitch out for him?" Odin's features go rotten.

With a glance outside, I spot Loki hiding in a corridor. Laufey hisses at me "A queen should not have that power over a king!"

I smirk, before stepping forward and speaking in a hostile voice "You set us up, without giving us a choice. What we do, or don't do, in the bedroom, is up to us. It's not your concern."

Laufey sighs, before asking "And how do you expect to reproduce, if you decide to submit to my son."

"That's our business." I state, before shrugging "Who knows, we might have an open relationship, just to piss you two off."

"You wouldn't dare!" Odin roars and I look at him in amusement "Loki will be seen as a harlot!"

"Why is it always the woman who's seen as a whore?" I ask and they look at me in confusion. I change the subject "The thing is, if you would have told us ages ago, maybe we would've had the chance to court."

Odin gocks "Like you are actually interested in men." I raise my eyebrow to him and he frowns "Are you?"

"What would you do, if I got up in front of both of our kingdoms, and couldn't get it up?" I ask, crossing my arms in front of me.

Odin frowns, before whispering "Have you ever had that problem?" I throw my head back and groan, before he assures "There's ways to fix that."

"No, I've never-" I sigh, and shake my head "That's not the point! The point is, you told us three days in advance, and you don't even know if we can connect as a married couple!"

"Of course you can." Laufey smiles and I glare at him "I've seen you two fight on another. I've seen you hold each other when your blue."

"Because we're friends!" I insist.

Laufey sighs and shuts the door "You don't see him as just a friend, do you?" he whispers and I give a confused look "You know how he seems to glow, completed to your other friends?"

"He's not like my other friends." I state, before shrugging "He appears to be glowing because he's blue, but I don't care about that."

"We decided on this for a reason, Thor." Odin states and I frown in my ignorance "Your eyes dilate when you look at Loki. They only do that, when you look at someone you love."

I think for a second, before asking "Does Loki's do the same?" All they can do, is shrug and I roar "You didn't even bother to take his emotions into account?"

"This was for you!" Odin states and I shake my head "Loki will be yours, in two days! The image of innocents, is what he must be!"

"He's not property!" I scream, before lower my voice to a whisper "I know I love him! I've known for centuries! I'd rather he be happy with someone else, than be miserable with me! That's what love is!"

Odin and Laufey look at me, knowingly, before speaking between one another "Did he take interest in another suiter? Trolls, perhaps?"

"He fought over every other suiter." Laufey states, before opening the door "I need to speak to your wife."

~

Later on that night, I knock on Loki's door and hear him scream "Go away!"

"Loki?" I sigh, before opening the door a crack to find him laying in bed, gorging on cuskynoles and cheesecake "Hungry?"

"Leave me alone!" he hisses, but I crawl in his bed next to him "What do you want?" he asks, as I take a cuskynole.

"What troubles you?" I ask and he shakes his head "Come on! We tell each other everything! We're best friends!"

He sniffles "There's a reason that we have to screw, exactly at half six, in two days." he states and I hum "I'm four thousand percent more fertile on the exact moment of the winter solstice."

I hum and he shakes his head "My handmaidens are telling me that pregnancy is the best thing ever, and I'm blessed to be with you, but I don't want to be your burden, Thor!"

"You're not my burden." I insist and he shakes his head "Loki, you've never been a burden, even when I had to drag you home from battle!"

"But you'll have to sleep with me." He states and I hum "Then you'll have to chase maidens who now think you're gay!"

I frown at him "What makes you think I'd sleep with another?" his lips curl up in amusement and I sigh "Seriously, why would I?"

"Thor..." he sighs and I hum "I know you. You sleep with like four or five girls, a week. I don't expect you to sleep with me, more than you have to. And I don't expect to be your only sexual partner."

"But you will be." I state, before smiling at him "If we are stuck together, as husband and husband, for the rest of our lives, I'm going to make you feel like a queen."

He gives an unconvinced look "I've seen you court. You always end up cheating on them." he states, before shrugging and stuffing another sweet in his mouth "I'm trying to let you off, easy."

I rest my chin on his shoulder "I'm not courting you. I'm marrying you." I sigh, moving his hair out of his face "I don't think I've ever seen you binge on sweets."

He sighs "It's the winter solstice. It makes me incredibly horny." I hum and he looks to me "Sorry, you probably didn't want to know that."

"It's fine." I smile, before stealing a sweet "I'm going to be in your ass in a couple of days, anyway."