Chapter 9

After another hour of being alone, Loki randomly dives for the trash bin. With a sigh, I kneel next to him "Are you alright?"

"It's the heat." He states, wiping his mouth "It's too hot for me to be in this form." as he stands, a wave washes over him and he appears in front of me in a shocking handsome one. He's pale white, with blue eyes, and a completely black suit. His hair is greased back.

By the time I stand, he's sitting down. When I sit next to him, I smile weakly "I remember when I first kissed you."

He frowns "You mean that day on the mountain?" I shake my head and he furrows his brow.

"A few centuries ago, I got you drunk for the first time." I state, before frowning "You slept in my chambers, and I couldn't really remember the night before." I shrug "The sun hit your face, perfectly, and the I wondered if the ridges on your lips made it difficult to kiss someone."

He hums "Was I asleep?"

"You were asleep." I nod, before smirking "But in the moment, I discovered that I loved you." his face goes concerned and I shrug "It's been almost four centuries, and that hasn't changed."

A smile creeps across his face and he sighs "It took you six centuries to figure out what I knew in three."

I smile warmly "That's how it's always been." I declare, before insisting "Come here." I pull him towards me and hold him.

After a moment, he sighs as he hugs me "I know that you loved our babe. I know that you miss them."

We drift into silence, before the door opens and the robot man from earlier steps in, along with the man with the shield.

Loki snickers, before leaning back in his chair "We know who you are." The man, Steve, states and Loki hums.

"You don't know your arse from a hole in the wall." Loki laughs, before leaning against the table "What's my name? Better yet, what's his?" he motions towards me.

When they don't respond, Loki shakes his head and Steve asks "Why are you playing this game?"

"That's who I am!" Loki scoffs, before transforming into Stark "Maybe I just gave you a hint." he winks, before changing it back "And turn it down! You don't want to see me angry. It's almost wrathful."

When they walk out, I hear the air conditioner start. Loki props his feet up and summons a dagger, tossing it in hand.

"You're a mischievous little shit." I declare and he nods with a smirk. I roll my eyes and nudge him.

He points his dagger at me "It's my job to be mischievous." He puts the dagger away, before stating "And it's your job to shoot off at the mouth."

He punches me softly, before continuing "Why would I think you would be different as a father?"

I sigh and declare "I think fatherhood will change that." he hums and leans into me "We should try for another."

"What?" he asks, moving away from me "We just lost our first! What if we lose the second? I can't do it again!"

"I know we lost the first." I state, before shaking my head "But just because we lost them, doesn't mean we're cursed to live our grievously long lives, childless."

He shakes his head "You wouldn't understand what it's like to feel a life drain from you."

I sigh "You're not even eleven centuries old, yet! I'm fifteen centuries old! We've got our whole lives ahead of us! I'm not asking for twenty kids within the next decade."

He nods and I pull him back towards me "I'm thinking two kids, in the next millenia. So they could be friends."

He scoffs "That'll never happened. Look at Laufey and I! His a century younger than me, he's got the throne. He acts like a child!"

"Well, let's hope Laufey the first doesn't give it to him for awhile." I sigh, before shaking my head "He would cause war with his ignorance."

~

As we jokingly fight each other, the door opens and I help Loki off the ground to find Banner steps in "I must admit, it took me awhile to figure it out." he steps forward and motions his pointer finger in a circle "But, after I got over the 'norm', it wasn't hard to find the truth. Stark actually annoyed me into the conclusion."

"And what is you hypothesis, Doctor Banner?" Loki asks as he crosses his arms, an amused look on his face.

"Have you heard of Norse Mythology?" Banner asks and Loki gives a blank expression "Viking Gods. No very well known."

Loki shrugs "Well, they are very old, if they were Viking Gods." As we sit, he sneers "What brings this up?"

"Among the gods, are two friends. Thor, the god of thunder. He weilds a magic hammer." Banner motions towards Mjolnir "And Loki, god of mischief, skilled in manipulation and sorcery."

Loki shrugs "Sounds like a very toxic relationship. That Loki fellow, he sounds very dangerous."

"I've read a little on the both of them." Banner states, before smirking "They're practically joined at the hip. One might see them as brothers."

"I'm sensing a but, coming." Loki frowns and Banner gives an amazed look.

"Loki was a giant, malformed. The size of an Asgardian." he looks over Loki "Jotun and Asgardian were supposed to hate each other."

"Oh, so you think the other giants hated Loki, for his size?" Loki asks in a convincingly naive tone. Banner starts to look confused, before Loki throws his head back and snickers "You don't know the half of it."

Loki looks back to Banner with a look that sends chills down my spine "My father gave my throne to my shit-nosed little brother and made me a royal harlot. Made my virginity a royal bargaining chip." He leans forward and sneers "In my thousand years, I've slept with one person and lost my babe."

"Now my father in law and my father are talking about marrying my husband to another and leaving me on without anything!" Loki hisses, before shaking his head "It was more than a little hard, being the size that I am!"

"Wait, Odin wants to sell me to another?" I ask and Loki gives me an aggravated look "I will not stand for this!"

Loki points a dagger at me "Thor, we've talked about this. You have an awfully loud mouth. Let the adults speak."

I give a pissed expression, and he glances back at me, before sighing "I'm sorry, just let me take this one! We'll talk about our fathers in a moment!"

"Why are you here?" Banner asks as he crosses his arms in front of himself. Loki looks to him, before leaning back.

"I came here to get away from the stress of..." he looks down and shakes his head "Everything."

"Do you plan bad on this planet?" Banner asks and Loki shakes his head "You're Gods. You could overtake us."

"We're benevolent gods." Loki states, before shaking his head "I mean, I'll double cross anyone, but Thor is supposed to be mighty. He fights for the good." Loki sneers, before snickering "Units can sway my loyalty, or lack thereof."

Banner nods, before stating "Would you two stay for a few days? Just so we can get to understand you?"