Chapter 3

The next morning, I wake to the feeling of Loki rolling off of me. When I look to him, I find he stretches on the edge of the bed. A smile plays on my lips "Good morning."

He yawns, before popping his back "Good morning." he looks to me with a tired smile "What do you plan to do with your last day as a free man?"

I shrug and ask "Do you want to head to Vaniheim? Do some hiking in their mountains?"

He laughs "Last free day and you want to spend it with your fiance?" he asks and I nod "You realize that we could do that after, right?"

"Yes." I state and he furrows his brow "But just because we're supposed to wed, doesn't mean I don't want to spend today with my best friend."

He smiles, warmly, before asking "Are our other friends coming?"

I shrug "Have you talked to them, since the announcement?" he shakes his head and I sigh "Neither have I."

"Shall I send for them?" I ask as he stands "Or would you take this trip, alone?"

He pulls a pair of pants on, before stepping out of his loincloth "Send for them. We should ask their thoughts on the subject."

~

As Loki stuffs a sweet into his mouth, our friends step up to us in the tavern "Hungry, Loki?" Volstagg asks.

"Horny." Loki corrects as he stuffs another in. Our friends give him a look of surprise for his boldness, before he explains "With the winter solstice nearing, all Jotun are extremely fertile. For those of us who can't screw our brains out, we eat."

As he knocks another down, I turn to the four "We were going to take a hike, through Vaniheim. We were wondering if you might come along?"

They look between one another, before Sif sighs "Unfortunately, Odin has us helping with the ceremony. We must be off, but Odin expects you both in the throne room, at night fall."

I nod, before looking to Loki, who is now wolfing down a cake "Would you like to sit awhile, or...?"

He thinks for a second, before cut out a huge chunk and turning to me "Let's go." I smile at him as he chomps down on it "What?"

"You're so weird." I sigh and he shrugs.

~

As we walk the face of a mountain, I sigh "What's it like? The effect of the winter solstice?"

He hums, before stepping off, into a plato "It's just a constant pulsing." He states, before motioning towards his crotch "You know what I mean?"

"Sorta." I reply, before looking due north and holding up my sundial "It's about two, Asgard time. Are you hungry?"

He shrugs, before looking to the lake "Fish?" I shrug and he steps over to the edge of it. In a matter of seconds, he throws a dagger into the water, and pulls out a fish "I've done the hunting, you skin it."

I shrug and take it, before he steps into the woods "Where are you going?" I ask.

"To take a piss!" he calls over his shoulder, before tramping off into the woods. After I skin the fish, Loki still isn't back.

"Loki?" I call out, getting no response. After a long moment, I walk out to the woods, where he stepped off to.

When I follow his footprints in the snow, I notice something they go from regular speed, to running.

"Loki?" I call out, getting no response, yet again. Not far ahead of me, I hear a bear screaming.

Instantly, I know that Loki is in trouble, and run towards the bear, only to find Loki twists a dagger in its chest "What happened?" I ask.

"Damn thing got the smell of the fish." Loki sighs as he wipes his brow "I'll carry it back. Maybe Volstagg wants some bear stew."

Something comes to mind and I ask "Think it had any cubs?" Loki shakes his head "How do you know?"

"It's male." Loki states, trying to catch his breath "If it was female, I wouldn't have risked it having cubs, or being pregnant. It wouldn't have came after me."

I frown in confusion as he starts to tie the bear up with rope he conjured "Why would it comes after you?"

He finishes tying it down, before declaring "It's the winter solstice. My body is secreting hormones to pull something in. Basically begging for pleasure."

I hum, before leaning against the tree behind me "Why don't you just give in?" he gives a confused look and I shrug "Virtue is nothing."

"It's tradition." Loki state and I hum, with an amused smile on my face. He scowls "If you are suggesting that I toss it to someone, the night before it's supposed to happen, stop!"

"Just imagine how good it would feel." I demand, before biting my lip "Imagine how fantastically orgasmic you would feel when you pop it."

"Which I will feel tomorrow." he insists, before slinging the bear onto his back "You've never pushed me to pop it, until you found out I would marry you."

As I follow him, I explain "Loki, I don't want to be your first. What if you think I'm absolutely terrible at it?"

He snickers "You know how many times I've seen maidens snick out of your chamber with a delayed orgasm? I think I'll be fine."

I glare at him as we step next to the lake "How do you know that I'll be able to satisfy your needs?"

"It's not my choice, Thor!" he hisses, before looking back at me "If I was king of Jotunheim, I would be screwing everyone in sight! But it's not my choice on when I have sex!"

"Who's choice is it?" I ask, crossing my arms in front of me.

"Laufey's." he states, before looking me over "If I could, I would have lost my virginity, centuries ago. But I don't get that luxury. My virginity is a prize. It's the only one I got." he shakes his head "Because I'm not prince, or royalty, anymore. I'm a whore given out for royalty."

I take a moment, before asking "You are to be mine, aren't you?" he gives a tired nod and I shrug "Would the universe know, if we laid together here and now, or tomorrow in front of our people?"

He gives a confused look "I thought you wanted me to sleep with another."

Silently, I place my hand on his cheek, before declaring "In front of everyone, you'll be too never to enjoy yourself. I want your first time to be extraordinary."

He gulps, before asking "Why would you want to sleep with me?"

A smile toys on my lips "I'm not entirely straight, myself." He scoffs, before looking down to my lips "May I kiss you?"

He look at me, curiously, before agreeing "You may."