Chapter 8

When I'm down on Midgard, I look around to find Loki leans against a tree, not far away. He stares across a frozen lake.

From the footprints in the snow, he's not moved from that spot "I came here to be alone." he states.

"Could you not do that on Asgard?" I ask, stepping towards him as the crisp snow crushes under foot.

"Asgard is full of ghosts." he states, tiredly "One can never be alone, on Asgard, or on Jotunheim. They're too old to not be haunted."

"And Midgard is not?" I ask.

"It's even more haunted." he replies, before scoffing "A Viking colony died, right were you stand. It's own leader, slaughtered them all."

Silently, I stand next to him and sigh "Then why are you here?"

He sighs "Midgard, there's still places like this. Silent, and beautiful." he shakes his head "The world goes on, despite the horror that happens upon it. And Asgard and Jotunheim have come to a stand still, over a babe, that one person lost."

"You're not the only person that lost a babe!" I hiss and he gives an annoyed look and I declare "It was my babe, too!"

He shakes his head, before walking past me "And yet you've already returned to partying!" he remarks.

I can't help myself, but throw Mjolnir at him. It hits him in the back and he falls to his knees "Don't you doubt my love for our child!"

He throws a dagger back at me and it scratches my ear "I believe you wanted it gone since you found out! You aren't father material!"

Instantly, I call Mjolnir back and she hits his cheek "I would never wish a babe, died! I've been in mourning, just like you!"

"Yet I haven't seen a tear." he states, skating off onto the lake "Let's face it, you mourn nothing!" he spits.

In anger, I bring lightning upon the lake, melting it. In an instance, he freezes it in a rippling pattern and I hiss "I love it more than anything!"

He tosses a spike at me and I return it with lighting. As he falls to the ice, I hear an electric whine, and I turn just in time to see a man in a suit of red and gold metal. A flash escapes his palm and knocks me across the ice.

The next thing I know, Loki squats next to me, ready to fight, daggers out "Thor, are you alright?" I groan and he states "We've got five civilians. Three have weapons."

With a groan, I turn over to find three men, a woman, and a robot "What the hel? I thought mortals were puny!"

The face of the robot it removed and a man declares "Look, guys, Shakespeare in the park needs to happen elsewhere! You're on government property!"

"We are the government!" Loki replies, before insisting "We're having marriage counciling at the moment! We'll be out of your hair, shortly!"

~

Needless to say, we were detained. We're placed in an interrogation room, and I sit at the table, only Loki passes.

After an hour, I sigh "Sit down! You're driving me mad!" he glares at me, before continuing back and forth.

Instantly, I step towards him and he leans away, before growling "Don't touch me, unless you want to be alone in here."

"Where are you?" I ask, crossing my arms in front of me.

"Trying to figure out what this place is." he states, before sighing "It looks to be a place for people with extraordinary gifts, but it's also a secret branch of security called SHIELD."

Seconds later, the door opens and a man steps in, an eyepatch covers his eye "How did you know that?"

Loki and I take a seat and he nudges me to insure that he's no longer an illusion. I smirk "How'd you loose the eye?"

The man steps forward "That is none of your concern! Besides, I wasn't talking to you!" he looks to Loki "I am very curious about you."

Loki crosses his arms "Is it because I'm blue?" the man furrows his brow, before Loki snickers "I've kept up with the news. Isn't it counterproductive if you dislike me for being a different color?"

The man looks taken aback by the statement, before shaking his head "You are a piece of work."

I see Loki appear behind the man, a badge in his hand "Nicholas Joseph Fury." he reads off, as the illusion disappears, causing the man to jump and Loki to snicker "Oh, I've read all about you! Do your friends know that you last your eye from a cat?"

"A cat?" I ask and Loki nods, before I ask "Was it a big cat?"

"No, it was a Flerken." Loki smirks, before smacking Nicholas's shoulder "Bested by a Flerken."

I frown "Did you read about anyone else?"

"Indeed." Loki states, before explaining "The five that got to us. Tony Stark was the man who shot you. He's a rich scumbag, who was taken for his weapons. He's bionic now."

I hum, before he continues "The man with the bow was Clint Barton, AKA Hawkeye. He's an assassin. A whole page of his file is blacked out, suggesting he has someone to keep safe."

"The man in the idiotically blue, red, and white suit, was Steve Rogers, AKA, Captain America." Loki states, pacing behind me "He was an experiment, for a supersolider. He wanted to stop the Nazis from using the tesseract on his side of the war. He was frozen for the past seventy years."

"The tesseract?" I ask and Nick starts to explain "I haven't seen that thing in ages! It's been here?"

Loki nods, before continuing "The man who wasn't armed or sheilded, was Bruce Banner, AKA, the incredible Hulk. Banner has seven PhDs and turns into a big green rage monster."

"The fair lady." Loki snickers "Her red hair must be stained from her past. Natasha Alianovna Rominoff. She's a spy and an assassin, KGB, Soviet, you name it. However, she wants to be a good girl." he shakes his head "If I was mortal, I wouldn't fuck with her."

"They call themselves the Avengers." Loki scoffs, before taking a seat and propping his feet on the table "They want to know what we are, but I'm going to let them figure it out."

"Why must you play your games?" I ask and he smirks mischievously "Yeah, yeah, that's who you are."