Chapter 16

The next morning, I awaken to find I'm being spooned by Loki. The sudden change of dominance came from his experiment last night.

When the soreness hits, I nudge him and whisper "Loki, wake up!" He hums and I roll my eyes "If you don't let me go, so help me."

"I'm comfortable." he grovels as there's a knock on the door "Come in!" Frigga pokes her head in and Loki asks "What's wrong?"

"Breakfast." she whispers and Loki checks his watch "I woke up early and made breakfast. As a thank you."

Loki grovels, before rolling over me and walking towards the door and calling over his shoulder "You should take a shower, love."

As he walks out my view, Frigga looks to me in amusement "It's not easy, is it? Bottoming out? The morning after is rather rough, at times."

~

When we land in the bifrost, Fandral roars in excitement "Hello, my best friends!" My attention snags on the two frost giants.

Loki sets his features, before his skin slips from blue to white. His eyes fade to blue, as he declares "You have no business on Asgard."

"I am here for my son, and my grandchildren." Loki's father states, a indifferent look on his face.

"You're not my father." Loki states, before stepping towards Laufey "And as far as I'm concerned, you'll never be the grandfather to my children."

"How dare you talk to your king that way!" Loki's brother hisses.

Loki sneers, before declaring "He's not my king, nor are you my prince." his brother looks appalled.

"So, you're going to become something you're not?" his brother jokes, before gocking "You'll always be a freak."

Loki scoffs, before declaring "I give it, three years." he scrunches his nose in hatred "Three years under your role, and Jotunheim will be in ruin. And I can't promise you that it won't be at the hands of Asgard."

"But I can." Odin states, scowling at Loki "As long as you stay under my role, you will not har-"

"How much longer do you think you've got?" Loki asks and Odin looks taken aback "I give it a couple years, until my king takes the throne."

"Your king?" Odin asks.

Loki sneers, before declaring "My king is my husband, and my husband is my king." he places his hand on his stomach "And I hold our heir." he leans closer to Odin "And I hope it's a girl, just to spite you."

He drops his hands and turns to me "I'm feeling and nap. Would you like a nap?" I shrug and we stroll down the bifrost, the warriors on our heels.

"Did you just declare war?" Sif asks as Loki looks at me, panicly.

"I hope not." Loki states.

~

As the months go by, Laufey Senior never leaves Asgard. Loki is gaining weight, and so am I, to feel Loki's need for a dad bod.

One night, I'm awaken by the sounds of choking. When I look over, the moonlight illuminates a horrid sight.

Laufey Junior straddles Loki and wraps his hands around his neck. Instantly, I knock him off with Mjolnir.

I can't stop myself from bashing in his face. Once he's dead, I turn on my heels to find Loki gasping for air.

"Guards!" I scream, causing them to run into our chambers "Who, the fuck, let him in?" they look between one another.

"Your majesty." one says "We've been outside for hours. He hasn't passed by since more than three hours ago, on the way to his majesty's old chambers."

Loki sets his jaw "There's a passage way, in those chambers, you idiots!" he takes a deep breath, before looking down at his enlarged stomach and hissing "Get the healers!"

As they run, I sit next to his bedside "Is there a problem with our babe?" he silent for a long moment, before anxiously ripping the blankets off.

He stops when he pulls his hand away. The tips of his porcelain hand drops crimson. The light drains from his face and he looks to Laufey's corpse in complete hatred.

He leaps from the bed, daggers out. As he carves the heart out of the corpse, my gaze locks on the small pool of blood on the bedding.

~

As Loki lays in a med bed, I hold his hand in mine. The healers tend to his neck, which is in a brace.

When Laufey steps in, I'm on my feet, immediately "Thor!" Loki calls, causing me to look back to him "Don't."

Obediently, I take my seat, and his hand. Laufey steps up to the other side of the bed and asks "Any news on the babe?"

Loki shrugs, before declaring "They can't know if I miscarried. They want me on bedrest until we determine if the fetus is still alive. If it is, they want me on bedrest until birth."

Laufey sighs, before shaking his head "I should have warned you." we both cock an eyebrow to him "I stripped Laufey of his throne, last night."

"You did what?" I ask, before barking "Who's going to be your heir? You can't just pass it along t-"

"Thor." Loki cuts me off, before pointing to his stomach "Why do you think Laufey chose to attack me?"

My eyes bulge and I look to him, causing him to explain "I was hoping for a little boy, who was raised right, to role Jotunheim, and give us some girls."

"What changed your mind?" I ask and a smile crosses Laufey's face.

Silently, he takes Loki's hand and explains "When I had you, you were two months early." he furrows his brow and shakes his head "You could fit in my palm, and it horrified me."

He tilts his head and hums "I thought, you would die, and my chest hurt at the thought of living without you." he gocks "And I knew, that I had to protect my fragile little babe."

"You're a liar." Loki insists, yanking his hand away.

Laufey sighs, before shrugging "You could think that, if you'd like, but I'm going to continue."

There's a moment of silence and he continues "When I had your brother, he was the normal Jotun. People would take him more seriously, than they would you."

He takes a minute, before stating "It took me a year to determine that you would be safer, away from the throne. The treaty was passed only a decade before, and Odin agreed to house you here, while I announced that Laufey would be my heir."

Loki takes a deep breath, before Laufey shrugs "Your virginity was just a way for me to insure my fragile little babe would remain safe. I didn't really care about you waiting until marriage. It was a way for me to come to grips with the fact that you were fully grown."

"And the cage?" I ask, causing Loki to look at me "What was that for."

"That was my idea." Odin states, before explaining "Frigga and Laufey brought to my attention that you and Loki were very close. We came to a conclusion. Arranged marriage, but I didn't want my son to bottom."

"To late for that." I state and he cocks an eyebrow to me "That ship has sailed, months ago."