𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

⊣ 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 ⊢

❝ I have loved and been loved. I have lost the things I've loved most. Studying, learning, understanding were the only constants that I had left. I'm good at what I do and I try to change even what I cannot. I have never been ashamed of who I am or what I find most rewarding about what I do. Nobody understands why I look at them differently, but I just understand them now in a way that no one else thinks matters. But it does. ❞

➵ ➵ ➵

𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝘪𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘥𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳

𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝘪𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘥𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳

⎛𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘺 ⎠

𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄. His parents were killed in the Uprising by Valentine Morgenstern's followers in the Circle. Leon heard stories about Valentine's hatred for Downworlders and his desire to rid the world of them. So, after the loss of his parents, Leon turned to his studies. He turned to books and files; everything he could find that would teach him why Valentine was so motivated to kill Downworlders.

Because of his interest in the subject, Leon became one of the few Shadowhunters who could understand the Downworlders on a different level from other Shadowhunters. He even went out on occasion and met Downworlders on a neutral level. He wanted to understand everything, and understand is exactly what he did.

The Clave saw his new skill set and knowledge as a way to give Shadowhunters a different way to find information about Downworlders. They sent him from Idris to the New York Institute so that he could assist the Shadowhunters with the Downworlders. He obliged like a good soldier and off he went.