three.

Foreign Essence
chapter three.

Foreign Essencechapter three

❨ 𝐇𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐥 𝐃𝐮𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐭 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐒, 𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐀 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄. It was an address for Leon and Kai to meet her at and she had said she found a way to get into the Hotel DuMort.

With their angel-like reflexes and sped, Kai and Leon bound through the city toward the address that Isabelle sent them. They were glamoured so the mundanes couldn't see them.

"Isabelle?" 

Leon called out softly for the Lightwood girl when they got to the underground entrance she sent them to.

"Here," she called back.

The two of them followed the staircase up to another level of the underground space and they saw her waiting for them in a tight red dress — which was not what she was wearing when she left them at the cemetery.

Kai, being his usual self, whistled low when he saw the girl standing there. She giggled and Leon just rolled his eyes playfully at the two.

"Is this how we're getting into the DuMort?" Leon asked Isabelle.

"Yeah, right throu — "

"Izzy!" The three Shadowhunters turned toward the sound of Alec's voice and watched as he came up the same steps that Kai and Leon had. "I got your text. Where are we exactly?"

"Like I was just about to explain to Leon and Kai," she mused, sauntering forward through the darkened building, "it's an old meatpacker's service entrance. If we go back there, we come up into the basement of the Hotel DuMort. Perfect, right? We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to find Simon."

"Okay," Alec stated simply.

"'Okay'?" Isabelle repeated back sassily. Leon grabbed Kai by the arm and put a little distance between the siblings because even Leon could sense that they were at odds. "It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel."

The two parabatai shared a glance, both quirking an eyebrow in disbelief. In that dress, there was no way it was an "interrogation".

"Great job, Izzy," Alec fake-praised, the smile on his face just as fake. Then he just let the smile disappear and he said, "You have faerie dust on your dress."

He started walking away toward an open door, adding, "And I hate being the distraction."

"I don't," Isabelle mused.