nineteen.

Foreign Essence
chapter nineteen.

Foreign Essencechapter nineteen

❨ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐍𝐎 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐃, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐙𝐙𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐍. He just had his arms loosely crossed over his chest, burning metaphorical holes into the dark blue of the fabric while contemplating if he should put it on.

After his breakdown about losing Ragnor, Leon had kept himself locked in his room. He wanted to remain alone so that he could grieve and calm himself down enough to get through the wedding.

He wanted to be happy for Alec, but all that he felt was despair.

A knock on his door didn't pull his gaze away from the suit as he told the person on the other side to come in.

"Hey, mate, are you — "

"Why aren't you dressed yet?!"

The two voices that floated into the room was what finally took Leon's eyes off of the suit.

Kai, his parabatai, and Izzy both stood in the room. Kai's eyebrows were furrowed and Izzy's eyes were wide with shock. Kai could tell something was bothering Leon through their bond as parabatai but all Isabelle saw was her friend not dressed for her brother's wedding.

"I don't think I should go to the wedding," Leon stated softly, twisting his body around to completely face the two of them.

"Are you crazy? You should be there," Izzy protested. She walked over to the bed and grabbed the suit, trying to force it into Leon's hands. "Leon, come on."

"Izzy, I really don't think I should," he attempted to convince her. He took the suit out of her hands and put it back on the bed.

She watched him with wide eyes before her gaze softened. "Leon — "

"No, I just...I shouldn't," Leon stated stiffly.

Kai tried to say something to Leon but Izzy stopped him short of his words. Leon turned away from the two of them and proceeded to hang the suit up in his wardrobe.

When he turned around, Izzy was standing in front of him and she took his hands in hers. She bore a soft smile that felt assuring to Leon, but he tried to remain stoic — like the idea of the wedding wasn't actually crushing him in ways he couldn't understand or explain.