ten.

Foreign Essence
chapter ten.

Foreign Essencechapter ten

❨ 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐲 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐏𝐔𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐑. Simon and Clary were dragging Luke behind them and Jace was trying to stash the car that they drove to the lair in.

"What happened?" Magnus asked them.

"He was attacked!" Simon gasped.

"He needs a warlock. He needs you," Clary added.

"Leon, grab a sheet from the dresser in the bedroom, top drawer," Magnus told the Shadowhunter.

Leon ran to do what Magnus told him. He pulled open the drawer that Magnus said to look in and saw a white sheet on top. He yanked it out and ran into the living room again, Magnus motioning him over to the black leather couch.

"Put him here," he told Clary and Simon as he helped Leon spread the sheet out over the couch.

"Where are you?" Luke groaned as they laid him on the couch. He winched and his eyes were shut, his mumbling telling Leon that he must've been hallucinating.

"Luke..." Clary whispered. 

"I can't find you," Luke gasped. Clary started shushing him and she held his hand but he kept rambling. "Where are...Where are you? Where are you?" he kept rambling. His eyes were opened and staring up at the ceiling. He had a far away look in his eyes.

"Jocelyn! Jocelyn," he panted, his hand resting on Clary's cheek. 

"No, Luke, it's Clary," she told him. "Can you hear me?"

"Clary," he gasped, "listen to me. Listen...You have to listen to me. I have to tell you...just in case."

"No, don't even say that, don't," Clary begged him.

"No, listen to me."

"Luke."

"No, you need to know! Listen — "

Magnus reached for Luke and asked, "Was he bitten by an alpha?" 

"Yeah," Simon and Leon answered at the same time. "Why?" Simon asked.

Magnus breathed deeply, "Three, two, one..." Clary stood back when he started counting down and then Luke's eyes glowed green, a loud growl leaving his throat.