fifteen.

Foreign Essence
chapter fifteen.

❨ 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘. What he wanted more than anything was to get out there and find Valentine, because it was Valentine's fault that he was laid up in the infirmary. Valentine sent the Forsaken assassin to kill Hodge.

Alec had a really bad cut to his arm and was able to leave the infirmary with a bandage while it took time to heal. His father had used Alec's Iratze to heal what he could but with the wound as bad as it was, it was taking time.

And it was the same with Leon's wound. Only Leon was laid up in the infirmary a little longer.

He was sitting up in the bed and pinched the bridge of his nose after another worried phone call from his adopted parents. They had found out about the attack — he still had yet to figure out how — but he assured them that he was okay; just banged up and exhausted.

There was movement out of the corner of his eye and he snapped his head up quickly to see Magnus standing there with a small smile. 

"Hey, Mag."

The warlock chuckled at the bright smile that graced the young Shadowhunter's face and he walked over to the bedside, sitting on the mattress. Leon sat up a little more and pulled his legs up to sit criss-crossed.

"How do you feel?"

"I feel fine." Magnus raised an eyebrow but Leon didn't catch it. "I don't know why they won't let me go back to work."

"That Forsaken almost killed you, Monkey."

Leon sighed and when he slumped, pain flared in his stomach and he winced. He wrapped his arm around himself and bit back the groan.

"Why don't you let me heal you, mm?" Magnus offered. He hated seeing the boy in pain. "You'll be back on your feet and back to work in no time."

Leon sighed and offered Magnus a weak smile. "It's fine, Mag," Leon assured him. "Don't waste your magic on me."

Magnus frowned. Leon was always like that. He didn't want help from anyone. It wasn't about the magic, it was about relying on someone else to help him and he never let Ragnor or Magnus heal him if he needed it.

"Monkey, it's never a waste," Magnus assured him. "My magic is infinite. And I hate seeing you in pain."

Leon slowly leaned back against the metal head frame behind him. The movement was stretching out his abdomen and he gasped and shot forward, wrapping his arms around himself when the pain flared worse than it was before. Even Magnus flinched when the weak groan left his voice.