twenty-one.

Foreign Essence
chapter twenty-one.

❨ 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐊𝐀𝐈 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐂 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐔𝐒' 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆. Izzy was standing with her brother when the London Shadowhunters arrived but Jace wasn't there. And the look on Alec's face said he didn't want to be asked about what had happened to the blonde.

So, they followed Izzy inside. 

As they entered the doorway, they saw Magnus push a woman out of a kiss and Leon recognized her as Camille Belcourt, one of Magnus' exes. Kai glared at the vampire woman and that's when Magnus noticed the four of them standing there.

"Well, this is awkward," Magnus mumbled.

"Where's the book?" Kai grumbled at Camille as the four of them approached her and Magnus.

"It's complicated," Magnus answered, pushing passed Camille to approach the quartet halfway between them and Camille.

"Clearly," Kai quipped at him. 

Leon couldn't blame his parabatai for the way he was feeling about seeing the man he had a thing for lip-locked with his ex. Even if Magnus hadn't wanted Camille to kiss him, it still bothered Kai.

"I have it," Camille mused.

"And she's graciously offered it in exchange for her freedom," Magnus added.

"And her freedom requires a lip-lock?" 

Magnus turned to Isabelle for the question as if she was making matters worse but Kai just crossed his arms over his chest, expecting an answer from Magnus.

"We don't negotiate with prisoners," Alec told the woman sternly.

"Prisoner?" she questioned. "I beg to disagree. You see, I'm your only chance at saving the world." Leon and Kai both turned to Magnus, who twirled his finger next to his head to silently tell them she was crazy. "You need me."

She cocked her head and turned back to Kai, smirking as she looked him up and down. "You certainly have a type, don't you, Magnus?" she mused to the warlock, making Leon narrow his eyes slightly. "He's cute. Too back it won't last."

Leon clenched his fists. "Say that again...and you won't last," he threatened the vampire. 

"I'd say he's about 20 years from male pattern baldness."

"We don't have time for this," Kai grunted angrily, holding his arm out to block Leon — who was about to lunge for Camille. 

"Where's Clary?"