nine.

Foreign Essence
chapter nine.

Foreign Essencechapter nine

❨ 𝐣𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐊𝐄𝐏𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐘𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃. But then he groaned, "Damn it! She's not showing up." He looked at Alec and said, "We need to parabatai track."

Alec walked toward Jace while Jace took out his stele. He drew the tracking rune on the palm of Alec's hand and the two of them closed their hands around the drawing.

While they tried to track her, Kai leaned into Leon's shoulder and whispered, "Why are you so angry?"

"What?" he whispered back, turning to him. "I'm not."

Kai pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes at Leon in thought, studying his face. "I can feel your anger, mate," Kai whispered.

Leon huffed and crossed his arms over his chest. "I don't know what you mean."

Kai quirked the corner of his lips up in thought and looked back at the other two parabatai.

"Alec!"

"I'm doing it," Alec huffed. "She's not showing up." Jace grunted and stomped away from Alec again.

"Just like I thought," Isabelle addressed them as her phone chimed. She approached them and added, "She wasn't arrested."

Jace turned his glare on Alec again, stomping toward him. He was fuming. "It was your job to look after her," Jace grunted through a tight jaw.

"I did my best, Jace," Alec told him.

"Then maybe your mother was right, and your beset is just isn't good enough," Jace growled.

"Jace!"

"Hey!" Alec snapped. "Are you so blinded by your feelings for Clary, you've lost sight of us?" he asked Jace. Jace glared at Alec, his mouth quivering in anger. "Clary snuck out. And we went after her...to protect her. We did nothing you haven't done a thousand times before."

"Yes, you did. Between three Shadowhunters, you lost her."

"Enough, both of you!" Isabelle snapped while Leon silently warned Kai from retaliating for Jace's comment to Alec.

Alec just shook his head and walked away from Jace and Leon sighed as Alec started pacing along the old graffitied truck. The five of them gathered together by the steps of the abandoned building, hoping to come up with a plan on how to find Clary.