fourteen.

Foreign Essence
chapter fourteen.

Foreign Essencechapter fourteen

❨ 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐋𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃. The Jade Wolf was attacked by a Forsaken and Alec and Lydia went to check it out. 

But with their return, it was clear that the creature was more than a Forsaken. So, Lydia called in Magnus to consult on the creature — to see what he might find and if there was any magic involved in the creation of the Forsaken.

Leon was headed toward the Ops Center when he heard someone call his name.

When he turned around, he saw Magnus headed toward him with a file in his hand.

"Magnus, hey," Leon greeted, stopping in the hallway to let Magnus get closer. "What's that?"

Magnus grinned and handed the file to him. "These are the preliminary findings of my autopsy for the Forsaken."

Leon furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Magnus. "Why are you giving them to me? They go to Alec. He's in the training center."

"I know, Monkey. I thought you could give them to him," Magnus stated nonchalantly. "I was hoping to see Kai before I left."

Leon scoffed and took the file from the warlock. "Sure," he chuckled, "I'll bring them to Alec for you."

He started to turn back to the direction he was originally headed in, but Magnus called out his name again, "Leon, one more thing."

He turned back to Magnus and the warlock sighed, "Why didn't you tell me that Alec's parents were trying to find him a wife?"

The foreign ache in his chest made him frown slightly. He could feel his breath stop, but he didn't understand why.

The look on Leon's face made Magnus frown even more and he lowered gaze. "Did you not know about that?"

He tried to mask it with a smile, "No, I didn't, but, good for him. That's...That's good."

"Leon — "

"I should go bring these to the future groom."

Leon turned his back to Magnus and took in a deep breath before he walked away. He wiped whatever he was feeling from his face and he made his way into the Ops Center, headed for the training center.

He could see Alec punching a bag, his feet dancing lightly around on the tiled floor. His upper body was void of a shirt or clothing of any kind and Leon could see the few runes scattered around his back.