john #5 | teddyboy blues

A/n: This is around the time The Quarrymen formed!

Even as a child you were fond of John Lennon. He was known to pick flowers for all the girls in town, well that is except for you. He just never seemed to notice you. Oh you noticed him though.

You even spoke to him a few times in middle school.

In your now high school years, nothing has really changed. John goes around shagging every girl he met, oblivious to you. You were hopelessly in love with him.

You complained to your best friend George many times about it; "why won't he notice me?" You said shoving your face into a pillow. "Y/n, when are you gonna get over him? You haven't even spoken to him since middle school" he rolled his eyes. "It's not that easy" You pouted.

You see, George is even in a band with the bloke. You've never had the guts to ask if you could come to a practice of theirs. But this time you were determined; you begged and begged.

At one point George sighed and let into you, "you can come to a practice" You beamed "one practice" you frowned a little but were happy nonetheless.

-

That night you got all dolled up, makeup and everything. You picked out a sensible navy dress, with a cute belt, and heels. As for makeup you picked some neutral eye shadow, rose blush, and light pink lips.

Soon enough George came to pick you up in his car. "Well don't you look pretty" your best friend complimented. "Thank you Georgie! I appreciate it" you said ruffing up his perfectly styled hair. He nodded smiling. Meanwhile you were extremely excited to be meeting the love of your life, John Lennon. 

During the whole drive, George hoped this whole shebang would go well. He knows how John is. John's a player, no good for you he thought. But he knew how much he means to you, that's why he caved. He just hoped things would go well, and that John would act differently towards you. George just didn't want to see his friend hurt, especially by a boy.

You looked out the window curiously as George pulled up in the drive way. "We'll just head into the garage, John will hopefully be there already" George exclaimed. You nodded and began to open the door, George stopped you and opened the door for you. "Just doing what best friends do" he winked. God was he a good friend.

George opened the garage door for you and ushered you in. There sat two boys you've never met, and the love of your life. John was dressed in a white t-shirt, black jeans, and a leather jacket. He looked good you thought. The two other boys were decently good looking you thought, but nothing compares to your Johnny. 

"Ello' I'm Paul" the brunette boy cooed, his voice smooth like butter. His doe eyes were oddly cute, you shook yourself of that thought. "I'm Ringo" the short bloke with drum sticks said, you waved feverishly at both. "Oh I'm John, what's your name sweetheart" he said approaching you. Your heart broke a little at that point, he didn't remember you. "I'm Y/n" you said softly. He nodded, "So are you George's girlfriend or what?" John questioned. "We're not dating, Y/n's just my friend, Besides she's fond of someone else" George flared his nose. "And whom is that" he said taking a sip of his beer. "Hey isn't that illega-" you were cut off by George, "she likes you" he said looking away from you. You smacked George's arm and cursed under your breath.

"Y/n, you like me" John questioned, raising an eyebrow. You gulped and nodded, John moving a little closer. And suddenly he kissed you. Breaking away from the kiss he spoke up, "good, I like you too" then he pecked your lips "I've always liked you, how could I forget you" he smiled. You melted into his touch, the others standing around smiling. "Get a room" George yelled, laughing.

After a few more kisses the band decided to actually practice, you sitting on the couch and watching. They were pretty good, but all you could think about was that kiss.

One of the many kisses to which you two would go on to share . . .

-

So how was that one? I enjoyed writing it :) I hope you liked reading it!