john #9 | aspiring musician

Requested by: @emylennon

You never wrote a song in your life before you met John. He, in a way sparked a light in you. Every other day you had a new idea for a song. Lennon had a hold on you, that's for sure.

You wrote a song with no title but was addressed to John himself. He recently had taken interest in another woman. He may have not told it verbally to you but you could tell by the way he looked at her.

One night you sat next to him as he was singing 'you've got to hide your love away'. The words spoke to you. He sang it effortlessly as you stared in awe. "Can I play a song" you asked John curiously. He handed you his guitar and nodded.

You began plucking the strings to the song you wrote for him. It was only when you started singing he looked impressed. Towards the bridge of the song he stopped you, "that's beautiful y/n" he complimented. "Can i sing it with you" he asked. You nodded as he grabbed his other guitar. You spread out the notes and lyrics for him, as you had already memorized it.

At first he sang very quietly but when you joined in he got more confident. He sang it perfectly, you thought.

A smile spread across his crimson face as the song finished. He just sat there and stared at you for a minute, smile still intact. Then he did the unthinkable, he leaned in and planted a tender kiss on your lips.

When he pulled away he looked at you with more love than he ever had shown another woman. It was then that you realized it wasn't Lennon who had a hold on you, you had a hold on him.

-

Hope you enjoyed!