Chapter 2

"She's seriously the most arrogant person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting," Chaeyoung proclaimed.

"Uh huh." Jennie was only half paying attention to Chaeyoung's rant. It was the same one over and over again. She practically had it memorized.

"I really don't understand how she manages to even get up in the morning with that big head of hers," Chaeyoung continued. "I'm surprised she hasn't flown away with the sheer size of it."

Jennie sighed as she watched Chaeyoung write in her notebook. She was writing so hard that she had torn through two pages.

"And the way she walks around the halls like she owns the place? God, and that smug smile she always has?" Chaeyoung gritted her teeth as the thought of it. "And that," she flailed her arms around trying to find the right word. "Strut she has. Like some pompous idiot."

She had no idea what she was even doing anymore. Her and Jennie were in the library during study hall working on some homework, but Chaeyoung couldn't seem to focus on anything. The notes she should've been taking looked like smeared blotches on her torn notebook.

"What the hell do any of those girls see in her anyways?" Chaeyoung ranted on but Jennie finally stopped her.

"Chaeng! Seriously, I know she bugs the shit out of you but I don't think talking about her is going to help you."

Chaeyoung huffed and started recopying her notes. "I just wish she'd take a goddman hint already. I'm not remotely interested her in the slightest. In fact, she repulses me."

"I know, Chae," Jennie said exasperated.

Chaeyoung finally just threw her pencil down and pinched the bridge of her nose. She hated that Lisa got to her like this. "You think after three years she would've given up." She looked at Jennie expecting some words of comfort but her friend had put in her earphones.

"Jennie!" she whined and tugged on the cord.

"What?" she said annoyed. "Look, Chae, I'm really sorry that Lisa gets under your skin and I really wish I could help but I have a chemistry test next period and I really need to study."

Chaeyoung gave her an apologetic look. "Sorry. You need help?"

"No, I got it. Jisoo gave me some good notes," Jennie said blushing.

Chaeyoung smiled knowingly. If only Lisa acted like her best friend, maybe she would consider going out with her. Chaeyoung immediately shook the thought of her head. Just the fact that she even considered going out with Lalisa Manoban made her sick.

"Hey, lover. Fancy seeing you here," a voice said behind her.

Chaeyoung jumped and then glared at Lisa. "Actually, fancy seeing you here," she said coldly. "Didn't think you knew where the library was and don't call me lover." Chaeyoung returned to her note taking and tried to ignore Lisa. She saw Jennie smirking from behind her notebook.

Lisa just grinned and took a seat right next to Chaeyoung. She was way too close for Chaeyoung's liking.

"World Lit?" Lisa said looking at Chaeyoung's notes. "I took that last semester, you can have my notes if you want." She gave her a smile that even Chaeyoung had to admit was cute. But she pushed that out of her head and continued to work.

"No thanks. I really don't want notes from a C-average student."

Lisa's smile faltered a little. "Well, it would save you the trouble from taking some yourself. That way you can be free this period and spend it with me."

"And why would I do that to myself?" Chaeyoung said scathingly.

To Chaeyoung's surprise, Lisa let out an exasperated sigh. "Come on, Chaeyoung, aren't you tired of this dance we've been doing the past three years? Can we just you know, get together?"