Chapter 9

"You're glowing."

Chaeyoung looked up from her uneaten lunch and blushed. "What? No, I'm not. It's hot out here." She avoided Jennie's eyes but she could feel them burning a hole.

"Why won't you tell me what happened last night at Lisa's house?" Jennie asked as she put her chin in her hand.

"Gee, I don't know, Jen. Maybe because someone wouldn't stop talking about Jisoo," Chaeyoung countered and gave her friend a smirk.

Jennie blushed as well. "Well, I'm not talking about her now, so tell me what happened last night?"

"Nothing." It was mostly the truth. "We just worked on the songs."

"Uh huh, did you give her some private lessons?"

Chaeyoung just shook her head. "No, you freak."

"Fine, ruin my fun. How was music anyways?"

"Very bad," Chaeyoung sighed and looked across the quad to see Jisoo coming towards their table. She frowned when she saw that Lisa wasn't accompanying her. Mr. Thompson had asked Lisa to stay again after class but Chaeyoung didn't know whether to wait for her or go on to lunch. Eventually, her hunger got the best of her and she left while Lisa was still talking to their music teacher.

"Hey, guys," Jisoo greeted when she reached the table. She gave Jennie a kiss on the cheek before sitting down next to her.

"Where's Lisa?" Chaeyoung immediately blurted out and received a look from both of the girls. "Um, I mean," she trailed off not really knowing what to say.

"She got held up by her locker," Jisoo said smiling. "Don't worry, she'll be here."

"Oh yeah, okay. Just wanted to know what Mr. Thompson wanted," Chaeyoung rambled.

"Sure, you did," Jennie said.

Chaeyoung just glared at her as she kept looking for Lisa. They didn't talk about what almost happened last night at Lisa's house. Not that they were avoiding each other but the only class they had was music and today was a really bad day. Mr. Thompson was snapping at everyone for every little mistake. Apparently when concert time approaches, Mr. Thompson gets all worked up and wants everything to be perfect. No one dared to make a mistake so that meant Chaeyoung and Lisa had to pay attention to their instrument playing. They barely had time to glance each other.

"There's your girlfriend, Chaeng," Jisoo teased when Lisa started making her way towards them.

Chaeyoung kicked her under the table but smiled when Lisa sat down next to her. "Hey," she greeted exhausted.

"Shit, you look like hell," Jisoo commented as she tossed her a brown lunch bag.

"Thanks, Jisoo," Lisa said sarcastically and opened her lunch.

"Hey, I'm making your lunch until you get your off campus lunch privileges back, so be nice."

Lisa rolled her eyes and started eating her sandwich. She could feel Chaeyoung looking at her and her stomach filled with butterflies.

"So what did Mr. Thompson want?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Well, he basically told me that if I didn't learn all the songs by the concert, he'd fail me."

"What? He can't do that."

Lisa couldn't help but smile. Worried Chaeyoung was a very cute Chaeyoung. And the fact that Chaeyoung was worrying about her made the butterflies flutter even more.

"It's alright, I mean, I pretty much know all the songs. There are just a few that I need to go over," she assured her.

"But we've been only working for one day."