Chapter 5

Chaeyoung arrived at Jennie's house a half hour before they had to leave. It didn't surprise her when she entered Jennie's room and saw that it looked like a tidy tornado had hit it. Jennie was running around frantic, half dressed and throwing clothes around.

"I have no idea what to wear!" Jennie held out two different shirts to Chaeyoung. "Which one looks better?"

Chaeyoung tried to suppress her laughter at the way Jennie looked. She pointed to the shirt in her right hand. "You need to calm down, Jen."

"I don't know how to!" She threw the shirt over head and looked at herself in the mirror. "Oh my God, I look like absolute shit." She was about to take off the shirt when Chaeyoung stopped her.

"Jennie, breathe, you look fine. But you have to hurry up or we'll be late."

Jennie took a deep breath and tried to calm herself. After a few minutes, she seemed to have some composure. "How was your day?" she asked as she checked her purse to see if she had everything.

"Interesting," Chaeyoung said vaguely. She didn't want to tell Jennie anything just yet. She knew that Jennie is too nervous and excited to deal with any of her own drama. "You ready?"

Jennie bit her lip and looked at herself in the mirror one last time. "Let's go."

They drove to the theater and only when Jennie saw Jisoo and Lisa waiting in front, did she remember that she never told Chaeyoung about Lisa. "Oh my, God, Chaeng, totally forgot to tell you that Lisa was coming tonight." She looked at her with a guilty expression.

But Chaeyoung gave her a little smile. "Jennie, I already knew. Don't worry about it. Just pay attention to your girl." She got out the car and started making her way to the theater.

Confused, but too nervous to think about it, Jennie followed her.

Lisa's eyes widened with surprise when she saw Chaeyoung walking with Jennie. "Jisoo, did you know she was coming?"

Jisoo looked just as surprised. "No, I had no idea. Are you going to be okay?"

But she didn't have time to answer for Chaeyoung and Jennie had just approached them. "Hey," Jennie said shyly. "I hope you don't mind that I brought Chaeng."

Jisoo smiled. "No worries."

Chaeyoung stood back a little and glanced at Lisa. If she didn't know any better, Lisa looked kind of nervous. They all stood in line waiting to get tickets with Jennie and Jisoo in front.

Lisa just stood there staring ahead waiting for her turn to purchase tickets. She had no idea what to do. Even though she joked about being the third wheel on Jisoo and Jennie's date, Lisa was perfectly fine with sitting behind them in the theater and tossing popcorn at their heads. But now that Chaeyoung was here, was she expected to hang with her while Jennie and Jisoo did whatever they were going to do? If Lisa wasn't too busy freaking out that she might anger Chaeyoung more, she would have realized that this almost seemed like a double date.

She was brought out her thoughts by the little argument that was happening in front her. Jennie and Jisoo were arguing about who was going to pay for the tickets. Both insisting that one would pay for the other and all the while trying the patience of the ticket seller.

Lisa rolled her eyes and stepped between the two girls and slapped down two twenty dollar bills on the counter.

"Four for Harry Potter please." She smirked at Jisoo's murderous glare. The ticket seller handed her the tickets. "What?" she said innocently to Jisoo and gave her two tickets. "It's not like you two will be even watching the movie." She winked at her before stepping back in her spot.