Chapter 3

"I cannot believe you poured coffee over her head."

"She deserved it," Chaeyoung said in an apathetic voice. She was trying to finish up some homework before her next class and quite frankly was getting sick of everyone talking about her little stunt.

Jennie searched for Lisa across the quad and laughed when she saw her in some Eastside High gym clothes. "I'm not saying she didn't deserve it, but it must've been embarrassing for her."

Chaeyoung looked up and quirked her eyebrow. "You want to talk about embarrassing? Do you remember what she did last year?"

Even at the mere thought of it, Jennie had to stifle her laughter. Last year during Valentine's Day, Lisa had paid some members from the glee club to serenade Chaeyoung during lunch. Jennie had never seen Chaeyoung so red both from embarrassment and anger.

"Maybe now she'll leave me alone," Chaeyoung said hopefully.

"Um, no such luck," Jennie said and pointed behind Chaeyoung. Lisa was making her way over to their table with a smile on her face. She looked quite ridiculous in the gym clothes but she plopped herself down right next to Chaeyoung anyways.

"Hey," she said cheerfully but Chaeyoung had resumed her usually ignoring. "Just want to tell you that there's no hard feelings about this morning." Lisa smiled at her even though Chaeyoung wasn't even looking. She just continued to write in her notebook as if Lisa had never even sat down. "Well, I'll see you around." Lisa waved to Jennie before leaving their table.

"Well, that was strange," Jennie said as she watched Lisa sit back down at hers and Jisoo's table.

"What?" Chaeyoung said acting like she didn't hear anything that just transpired.

Jennie studied Chaeyoung's attitude and thought it best not to mention Lisa. "Nothing."

---

"So you're not mad at her?"

"Why would I be mad?"

Jisoo scoffed. "Maybe because she spilled coffee on your head and embarrassed you in front of everyone? Not to mention you have to wear that for the rest of the day."

Lisa shrugged. "Well, it could've been worse."

"How?"

"She could've not cared," she said quietly.

"Lisa, don't you think this has gone on long enough?" Jisoo asked exasperated. "I mean you're losing your dignity and making a very nice girl's life a living hell."

Lisa ran her hand through her hair. She had managed to get all the coffee out by running it under the sink but it still smelled like hazelnut. "I just thought she'd give in by now."

"Why are you even bothering? It's not like you're doing bad in the dating department. Do you really need to date Chaeyoung? Is it that important to you to uphold your reputation?"

Lisa looked at her friend totally offended. "You think I'm doing all this just for my reputation?"

Jisoo took a step back a little confused. "Well, aren't you? I mean you don't really like Chaeyoung, right?"

Looking down, Lisa tried to avoid her friend's eyes. "I admit at first it was just a game. She was the only girl who didn't fall all over me and I thought of it as a challenge. But overtime, I started to realize that Chaeyoung isn't just some girl I wanted win."

Jisoo didn't know how to react to her friend's confession. "Then why are you still doing all this? Why don't you just drop the act and ask her out like a normal human being?"