Chapter 8

"Never thought I'd be dropping you off at Lisa's house," Jennie commented as she pulled up to the Manoban's mansion.

Chaeyoung just gave her a look as she unbuckled her seat belt. "Okay, when I call you to pick me up, you better come right away." Before she could leave, Jennie grabbed a hold of her arm and gave her a very serious look. "What's up?" she asked a little concerned.

"You never stopped liking her, did you?"

Chaeyoung just took her arm back and left the car. "I'll call you later."

Jennie sighed. "Be careful." She gave her a little smile before driving off.

The Manoban's mansion was huge and Chaeyoung felt a bit intimidated as she walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. She only had to wait a few seconds before a woman (she only could assume was Lisa's mom) answered the door with a smile on her face.

"Hi," Chaeyoung said extending her hand. "I'm Chaeyoung, I'm here to see Lisa." She didn't know why, but Chaeyoung was expecting a butler with a British accent to answer the door. The house just gave off that certain vibe.

"Oh yes," Mrs. M said shaking her hand. "Lisa said she was having someone come over to help her catch up in music class. Come in." She opened the door wider to let Chaeyoung inside the house.

Stifling a gasp, Chaeyoung looked around with wide eyes. It was like stepping inside a palace.

"I'll let her know you're here," the older woman said as she walked to the bottom of the stairs. "Lisa!" she called up. "Chaeyoung's here, will you please come down?"

Chaeyoung continued to look around as they waited for Lisa. Everything was nice and expensive looking. She was afraid she'd break something by just breathing too hard.

After a few seconds and still no Lisa, her mother shook her head. "That girl, probably has her headphones on. Here, let me just take you to her room."

"Oh, okay," Chaeyoung said a little taken back and followed Lisa's mom up the stairs.

"I appreciate you taking the time to help Lisa," she said smiling.

"No problem," Chaeyoung smiled back. They reached the top landing when the phone rang.

"I'm sorry, I'll have to take that but Lisa's  room is just down there." She pointed to the end of the hallway they were standing in and to the door at the very end. "It was nice meeting you," she said politely before going back downstairs to answer the phone.

Chaeyoung half-heartedly waved and made her way towards Lisa's room. The door was ajar and she knocked on it before poking her head in. Lisa was in her bed, lying on her stomach. Her back was facing the door and she looked like she was reading something. Chaeyoung could hear music coming from the headphones in Lisa's ears and she was moving her feet to the beat of the music.

She smiled as she watched Lisa for a few moments. Never in her life did Chaeyoung think she'd be in Lalisa Manoban's room. She walked towards the bed and tapped her on the back.

Lisa jumped about a foot in the air and fell off to the ground. "Oh my God, Chaeyoung!" she said trying to get up while turning very red.

Chaeyoung could help but laugh as she tried to her help her to her feet. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

Lisa managed to get tangled up in her comforter that fell with her and tried to free herself from it. "No, it's okay. I just didn't expect you." She took Chaeyoung's offered hand and hauled herself up. "When did you get you here?" Lisa was still holding her hand and Chaeyoung felt warm shivers shoot up and down her arm.