Cloudy | 10

A/N: Disclaimer! Mention of death.

This is also a long chapter, so I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~

Hoseok's POV

For a few moments, he continued to gaze at me, eyes filled with no expression, only to land on the floor soon after. A small sigh left his lips, revealing his slight melancholy at my announcement. Contemplating, he eventually averted his eyes back to me, releasing a bashful, genuine beam.

"That is totally fine with me, Hoseok. I understand that you want to go home. You were a pleasure-"

"Y/N should come with me." I blurted out.

Immediately, his eyes widened at my suggestion as his nails digged onto the bed sheets harder underneath him. I noticed his teeth juddering whilst they timidly bit his inner cheek. A speck of crimson blood dribbled down from his lower lip; his agitated nibbling sharpened, causing an inflated lump to swell.

I absently tilted my head at him, wondering why he became so nervous. I expected this reaction, but an abrupt flash of trepidation suddenly kindled in his eyes. As his molars chattered, his knuckles suddenly lost its original color at the thought, clutching onto the blanket more needily.

Why did he seem so...worried?

"Please, no. No, please, don't." He begged, bringing the sheets closer to his face, hiding his mouth, his eyes still wary.

"Why not?" I chewed on my upper lip, trying to sound polite.

He didn't respond. He just kept pulling the soft fabric towards himself, wanting to escape from the potential horror he could experience. Every tissue of his skin went numerous tones lighter, the thin veins bulging out in stress. The munching on my upper lip aggravated, yearning to know his bothersome thoughts.

"No...No, please...No...I don't want it to happen again." He resumed to plead with a desperate tone, his head now fully submerged inside the blankets.

"Please, I'll be understanding." I hastily found his crinkled hand, feeling his alarmingly chilly forehead, "You can tell me."

"Hmm..." He uttered inaudibly, muted sniffles were discharged from his nose,

"Her mother and sister...they died...because...the boat...the waves..."

"Oh."

I gulped the huge lump of mucus that started to lounge around my throat.

I sadly watched the man breaking down into uncontrollable sobbing, the briny moisture staining the sheets. Red splotches appeared on his cheeks, the teardrops sliding down his face. His breathing rushed, respiring in a concerning tempo as his mouth produced sorrowful wails. He couldn't stop. His pace wasn't even decelerating in the slightest.

The continuous lament tugged my heartstrings, pity and compassion overflowing me. I shifted myself closer to him, exhanging my body heat to warm him up - to relieve his anguish. He still didn't look in my direction, not even when I held his hands reassuringly, trying to mentally comfort him. My hands squeezed his as I gazed at his concealed self with sympathy. Yet his puffy eyelids peered through the now translucent blanket.

After a while, the loud resonance of his weeping hushed as I gently rubbed his palm with my thumb. There was a moment of recovering silence, a few whimpers let out periodically.

"I'm sorry." I retracted my hand away from him, his eyes still clear with distress.

"Don't say that...it's not your fault..." I spotted his lip quivering uneasily at the thought.