Breeze | 16

Y/N's POV

When we reached the beach, I halted my tracks, exhausted. I could feel my muscles stiffen, leaving me quite sore. I swivelled my head to see if the snake was still following us.

Thankfully not.

That sprint for our lives fatigued us both as we tried to catch our breath. I hunched down, palms on my knees, diverting my gaze to the sand. Hoseok reciprocated, huffing in and out, relieved. We successfully escaped the predator.

"Next time, actually move when I pull you." I emitted a grim grunt, looking over at Hoseok's weary face.

"I was just in a trance." He explained briefly, a smirk curling onto his face, "You should've pulled harder."

"Well, you shouldn't have been in a trance-"

"Well, you shouldn't have chased me into the forest-"

"Well, you shouldn't have pushed me off of the bed-"

"Well, you shouldn't have-"

A bashful cough was heard just behind us. 

Vi was in our sight, appearing smug and smiley. He tilted his eyebrows as if he was suggesting something whilst switching his gaze between Hoseok and myself. Finally, he released a playful beam.

"Ah, this is love." He weakly mumbled, clasping his hands fondly at our little dispute.

Hoseok hid his disapproval, and kept his demeanor neutral as he replied back to the old man in their mother tongue. I gawked at them, nodding my head in assent, pretending that I understood everything that they said.

"You'll be great." The man continued, I became flustered and sneakily stepped away from Hoseok.

However, he noticed, and he hastily grappled onto my sleeve, and pulled me closer towards him, so close that I collided into his hard chest.

"Ow-"

"Look, you love the other." Vi persisted, but Hoseok retorted back irritated as ever.

Once he was done, Vi shook his head inscrutably, a breathy sigh escaping his lips. When he was about to head towards the hut, he fixated his focus on Hoseok, a mischievous smile curling onto his face.

"You'll see, you'll see." I had difficulty making out what he said - it was merely a murmur.

Then we observed him entering the hut, the same simper still plastered onto his mouth.

The two of us stood there frozen, denying every word Vi had said. We giggled in outward amusement, yet there was a slight feeling of awkwardness in the air. We resumed by letting out faint chortles. Unfortunately, it still exacerbated the awkward atmosphere.

"I wouldn't say I love you. I just really like you, that's all." I commented out of the blue, catching a glimpse of Hoseok's pupils glinting for a millisecond.

"Same to you..." He mumbled, looking towards the ocean, the breeze lightly oscillating the top strands of his hair.

He looked beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

The wind rocked his hair, unveiling more of his forehead. I traveled my stare down to his almond-shaped eyes that looked meticulous as he watched the landscape beyond him.

After a few moments, he closed his eyes. The way his lids drooped down so smoothly was enchanting. It was like he had all the time in the world, and I couldn't help but just dreamily gaze at him - he always possessed this aura that I couldn't get enough of.