Cold | 23

Y/N's POV

Wait...

What?

This can't be happening.

"What do...you mean?" My voice wobbled, later going into turbulence when Hoseok stayed silent, "Answer me! What do you mean? You can't be real..."

The man in front of me clasped his hands behind his back, and fixated his stare to the ground in order to dodge the sight of my fury. As he continuously mauled his lip in agitation, a crimson spot could be easily seen.

I didn't care. I just wanted answers.

"Answer me." I raised my voice, filled with sternness, demand and anticipation, "Look at me."

He noted my intense volume, and flicked his head up to confront my questioning eyes. His adam's apple swayed up and down as he inhaled big breaths, clueless to how he should reply. The speck of blood on his lips enlarged, gradually drawing way to his lipline.

"Here. In Seoul. With me. Permanent-"

"Have you thought this through properly?" I interrupted shamelessly, causing Hoseok to halt his words.

"I...Um...I don't know..."

"You don't know? You don't know?!" My thundering anger was the only sound in the street, even obstructing the babbles inside the restaurant.

Everything was quiet.

He was quiet.

His body turned weak. His back slouched against the streetlamp. The onyx hue of his orbs quickly changed back to his usual chocolate, yet it was painted with trepidation. 

This was the most vulnerable I had ever seen him...

What should I do?

"Let's go." I announced, already turning my heel to the entrance of the restaurant.

"What?" He briskly grasped onto my wrist, but I pulled myself away from him vigorously.

"I want to go home." I muttered, just loud enough for him to hear.

"But- But- Tomorrow-" My unexpected statement caught him off guard, causing him to become a stuttering mess, "Only one more day-"

"No! Now." A raging red spread across my cheeks as I glared into his lost, dilating eyes.

"Why? Why can't you wait until tomorrow?" He gently cut me off, and grazed my fingers that were planted on the restaurant's door handle, impeding me to enter, "I never knew this was going to happen-"

"Shut up, I just wanna get back-"

"I thought you love it here-"

"I do...But..." I closed my eyes whilst my hand still tightly clasped the doorknob.

My mind was in a whirl. The resentment I felt completely blurred all the memories I had of this place, it solely focused on Meadshore. Like Hoseok said, I could've stayed here until tomorrow, but my feelings were in meltdown as all my reasoning was thrown out of the window. 

I needed to get back. I just wanted the lighthouse, the horses and Father.

"Father expects me to be back, and I will be back."

"But please, just tell me why you want to leave so suddenly..." Hoseok tirelessly pleaded before I erupted into total wrath.

"You don't need to know, just get me out of here!" I slammed the door open, everyone's inquisitive stares right at us as I plodded to our table.

The whole restaurant was still. Just a few breaths here and there in shock at our intrusive scene. I sensed every eye on me, scanning my every move if I would further interrupt the happy atmosphere.

I witnessed a mother at the middle table, anxiously covering her daughter's ears and exchanging death glares, clearly displaying her disapproval. There was a waiter next to her, sloping his eyebrows to the fullest that it even looked like they would snap off.

Avoiding the nasty stares, I arrived to our table, which was unfortunately situated at the back of the restaurant.

The boys were dumbfounded, interchanging between Hoseok and I with puzzled ogles. Without speaking a word, I snatched my bag from my designated seat, not even sparing a second glance to anyone. I heard them muttering to Hoseok in their native tongue, asking questions in unison, creating a discordant clash.

Not long after, people were back to their normal, lively chatter. However, the boys persisted that I stayed, relentlessly begging. Jimin held onto my hand like he depended on it, also trying to persuade me to wait until tomorrow.

But, I couldn't.

"I'm sorry. It was fun, but...I have to go." I finally faced them, "Bye."

They all looked small, frail and sad. It seemed like their energy was drained, thinking that this would be a special night, but I ruined it.

I ruined it for them.

"I'm sorry...I just can't...I just can't..." My voice trembled as I felt a substantial lump in my throat.

"It was nice having you. We won't forget you and we respect your decision." Namjoon's expression seemed stoic, yet his voice was reassuring and smooth.

With no words coming out, I nodded and eyed Hoseok momentarily before scampering to the exit. 

"It's so cold outside! Don't catch one!" A happier tone was heard behind me, clearly Taehyung's as it caused me to release a smile.

He was right. It was cold.

Like before, I hugged myself with my arms wrapped around my body tenaciously. Once outside, I couldn't spot Hoseok anywhere, somehow making me feel relieved. 

I just needed space.

So I traipsed around the road aimlessly, just hoping a bus stop was nearby since I didn't know the exact directions back to the apartment.

As I trekked slowly, I couldn't help but shed a few tears; they felt hot when they slithered down my cheeks, already shielded with frigid goosebumps from the cold. Thankfully, no one was out during this time to see me in this state.

I continued to walk further down the road, gradually filling up with more people as minutes passed. Everyone was smiling and cheering, bundled in their respective groups, just wanting to have a good time.

But, here I was, alone and crying, ushering myself away from the crowd.

I just want to go home.

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Things aren't looking great right now...what do you think Hoseok will do?

Thank you sm for reading! I hope y'all have a wonderful day and I love you 💕