Overcast | 28 [FINAL]

A/N: Ngl, I'm emotional asf rn

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV

The white cliffs.

The serene waves.

The overcast sky.

And the lighthouse.

I was back home.

Slowly approaching the coast, I examined the sandy strip, seeing three, tiny figures. They were jumping up and down whilst their little arms flailed around, wanting me to notice. Squinting my eyes, I made out Father in the center, Aunty Mads at the left and Dowell at the right.

"Look at them!" Hoseok roared at their enthusiasm, as they didn't seem to stop gambolling around the beach. Adjusting the ship wheel, the boat gradually decelerated until we halted right at the shoreline. 

My instincts told me to depart the boat right away and greet my loved ones. Yet, I turned to Hoseok, who was involuntarily smiling towards the excited bunch, not noticing that I was staring at him.

"Thank you." I let out, Hoseok's gaze later landing on me, "Thank you for everything. You did a lot for me, and I love you for that. You helped me get to Seoul when I used to think it was impossible. I love you..."

I was about to say more, but I felt the texture of his lips on mine.

For one last time.

It was a kiss filled with requited love. With the thought that I knew that this would be our last kiss, I felt closer to him than ever before. Arms tight around me, I felt light against him - like we were the only ones in this world, with no one watching.

We moulded into one for the last time.

"Y/N Zeal! Hello!" I opened my eyes to witness Aunty Mads screaming, still prancing on the sand, kicking it dramatically. The three of them took a few steps closer to the boat, waiting for me to exit.

"Can Hoseok stay with us for a while?" Dowell suggested to Father quietly, but I just about heard him. I tittered at how popular Hoseok was, even though they only met once before.

"Hoseok, why don't you stay with us for a while?" Father considered his friend's proposal, knitting his eyebrows towards the man beside me.

Hoseok and I shared a glance for a moment before he faced my Father, his lips pouting a bit.

"I'm sorry but I should get going." He declined the offer as the rest of them sighed. "It would ruin the surprise." His eyes once again shifted towards me and he lightly smirked, like he was about to chuckle.

"What?" Father blurted, but I cut in just in time.

"You guys should go inside. It looks like it's about to rain." The sky was filled with grey clouds, not seeming to shine any light anytime soon. I bounced off the boat with Hoseok's assistance whilst they tried to protest. 

"But I wanted to talk to Hoseok-" Aunty Mads crossed her arms, but Father already gave up and headed into the stable, "Just leaving like that, huh? Um...it was nice meeting you again, Hoseok. Thank you for taking care of Y/N...I've never seen her so happy..."

"It's a pleasure." Hoseok nodded his head before a silence shortly emerged, making her leave the scene with a sincere wave and beam.

Now, it was just Hoseok and I.

We just looked at each other and smiled.

This was the last time I would see him.