✿~Unexpected Visit by Mother Roja and Packing~✿

Saturday, 11:00 AM

The sun rays shone through the windows of the bedroom. The light and the warmth of the sun beamed straight on my visage, causing me to wiggle out of the deep and sweet sleep I had, kicking the cover away to let the rays shining down on me through the cushy pajamas. The body felt numb as if I was in a coma due to the morning tiredness. I could say that I was in the same position for another hour or so before I shook the laziness off me, deciding to get up and have a delicious breakfast.

The light listless feeling of getting-out-of-bed swung like a merry-go-round inside my head for a short amount of time before gathering myself together to rise to my feet and open the windows, hearing the birds chirping and spreading their joy to us, announcing that spring is here. The air is fresh, having a tiny hint of chill breeze which is blending together with the warmth of the sun that flows inside my room, cooling my head and brushing the dizziness away for a refreshment. I move around, putting my rosegold silk robe on and strolling to the kitchen while scanning through the Insta feed on my phone, carelessly before placing it on the coffee table in the living room, happy that the day has started pretty good so far. It wasn't so bad to be away from work for a couple of months, sometimes a break is needed to recover from stressful periods.

The first meal of the day, lovely, it gave me a boost of energy to maintain the entire day perfectly, containing butter, yellow cheese and other toppings such as chopped tomatoes and cucumbers, nicely decorated on crispy wholemeal bread. For liquid, a cup of hot cocoa or flavored teas with sweet extract. It's so funny, every time I have people over and I offer them tea, they would always tease me with the "exotic shelf " in the cupboard. You could literally find infinitive of different brands and flavors in there.

It didn't last long till I was done with the preparation of my dish when my smartphone buzzed in the living room.

*Mobile vibrates*

I collapse on the sofa with the plate beside me and swipe to open the message receiving from "Mrs. Perfect"

"Morning! Just wanted to apologize for my lame behavior last night. I hope you ain't mad, and that we can catch up one day when you're free. Hugs and kisses, Anna!"

Did I answer? Nope, now it was her turn to get lectured. This isn't her first time being an inconsiderate bitch, how many chances are you willing to give until they cross your limits of patience? It's about a matter of respect, to give and get, to be respectful and be respected. When you can't maintain a simple thing like that, then I and you can't corporate, unfortunately. I shook my head and ignored to answer, turning on the TV instead that was currently showing Springfield, a comedy show made in the States back in the 80s. Speaking of the States, can't believe that I'm actually there soon, taking a bite of my appetizing sandwich and reminded myself to bring out the luggage under the bed later on.

*Intercom ringing*

I jolt out of my seat by the drone sound coming from the intercom next to the front door. Who the hell is this? I ask myself curiously, pacing towards the door phone.

"Vem där?" (Who's there?)

"Din mor!" (Your mom!)

I let her in without hesitation, of course, I wouldn't reject my own mom outside the gate for God sake, as I press the open button on the door phone for her to enter. I embrace her and apparently, that wasn't enough as she greets in the Persian style with a kiss on each side of my cheek.

"Kom in, chai ya ghaveh?" (Come inside, tea or coffee?)

"Te tack, svart." (Tea please, dark tea)

I pick up my empty plate from the coffee table and put it in the sink in the kitchen and prepare two cups with each tea bag when she accompanies me in the kitchen too, carrying a plastic bag in her hand, I look down at it, asking her.

"On chie?" (What's in the bag?)

"Zabzi polo ba mahi." (Rice and Salmon)

She knew I couldn't resist to that dish. It was one of my favorites while I take it heartily from her hand.

"Jag åker till USA imorgon förresten, ska packa senare." (I'm traveling to the States tomorrow btw, gonna pack later)

She stirs her tea with a teaspoon, picking out a slice of pastry that was wrapped in plastic in front of her on the table as I put the food she had brought all the way in the fridge.

"Åh, vad kul! Ska du gå på röda mattan?" (Oh, sounds fun! Are you going to walk on the red carpet?) She joked, sipping on her tea. I grimace at her.

"Hur är det med Sara?" (How's Sara doing?)

She shrugs her shoulder nonchalantly.

"Khobe, tamas nadari?" (Good I guess, hasn't she reached you anyhow?)

"Na, ända sen hon gifte sig har hon liksom glömt bort oss, däremot så ringde Anna mig igår kväll å peka fingret åt mig." (Nope, ever since she got married, she kinda forgot us, however, Anna did call me to point an accusing finger at me yesterday night)

"Igen?" (again?) mother wonders insensitive, knowing that this is becoming normal by now. "Strunta i henne, hon är som sin mor, oföränderlig." (Don't mind her, she's just like her mother, unchanging)

I couldn't agree more on that and nod at the true description of her as I turn on the water to run through the spout."Stannar du över för middag?" (Are you staying for dinner?)

"Nej, kar daram. Jag kom för att kolla läget bara, men hjälper dig gärna att packa." (No, got things to do, just passed by to say hello, but I would love to help you pack)

My mother, a middle-aged known for wonder-woman as a second name. Single and raised two kids on her own. She's like a father and a mother to us, an open-minded soul, humble and sweet to everyone. Never forced us into anything, taught us to live free as she assumes that the humankind should live in liberty, serenity, and peace, to avoid any kind of things that barricade the way of living and growing as a being. I'm very pleased and grateful to have been raised by her.

I finish washing the dishes and put them aside on a dish drainer, guiding her to my room to start packing.

*3 hours later*

We're finally done after a few hours of an exhausting time of loading all the necessary items and wears into the suitcase meanwhile discussing the trip. Mom informed me the basic cautions and warnings in a foreign country like a mother always do, being considerate about their kids no matter age. She told me that she's been to LA once before she had us, an experience she will never forget. She also encourages me for the hasty decision I took and that I'm finally pampering myself with a nice vacation, which I deserve according to her and of course myself.

After an emotional farewell and promise to keep in touch as soon as you land phrases, I shut the door behind her, moving my luggage with my travel pillow stowed on the side of the handle to the hallway. One important thing of them all remaining is my system camera which needed a proper charge. It was my only evidence of memories stored on one single device. No trip without a camera indeed.