✿~A Mini Tour Inside the Hotel~✿

Alright, it was a bit out of place to walk around in the hallway with bathrobe and slippers on I had to admit, but who really cares when you're on vacation? I mean, aren't holidays made for breaking the "norms" and basically perform things you normally wouldn't do? Like releasing your inner weirdness for instance? Or is it just an excuse that I made up to sweep the antic situation away from the current position I'm in.   

Apart from that, I've always wondered how famous people feel like in the music videos they produce and launch nowadays as I was heading down the lobby. You know, those who are recording inside luxurious Hotels, flickering the dollar paper, popping champagne in the air and walking like a hustler in their Balenciaga robes. Showing off the grill teeth with a million dollar car, bouncing in the background... No! Pause it right there. Now we're over-egging the whole cinematic imagination. To be honest with you, riches weren't my thing really, and I never craved for it either as I assume other things more important in life that money can't buy. Proudly, holding onto my thought and step out of the elevator.

The receptionist threw a sketchy glare at me as I passed by the counter and had me to stop from walking.

"Is everything alright, miss?"

I turn my head to the staff and surprisingly was met by a new appearance, only this time a male, ruling the reception. Lifting up my shades and watching him stare at me from top to toe.

"Oh yes, couldn't get any better, actually I was going to ask you about the uhm... pool! Yeah, that's right! You might know where the swimming pool is?"

"I'm afraid it's unavailable now and opens again tomorrow morning, miss."

"Oh... well, it was quite of a disappointment, but I-er... I will take a look around to get familiar with the place then, have a great night!" I say normally and continue my little journey.

"Have a good night you too, I guess..."

Okay, he's lowkey staring at me still and probably thinks that I'm crazy, nevermind. I just hope he's not here tomorrow morning at breakfast or I will pretend that this occasion never occurred.

As I was looking around the ground floor and constantly keeping my eyes open if I, by any chance happen to see famous celebs, hanging here. Who knows who I may bump into while strolling down the meandering paths in this building, this place is so huge that the possibility to encounter with them is more likely impossible unless you're lucky though.

After a well-spent time touring, I found the restaurant, lobby lounge, bar, and the pools, indoor and outdoor. The pool outside was bigger, including lounge space, but both were empty and closed of course. At this particular moment, it cracked my bubble of joy, wanting to have a nice dip which I was longing for. I sigh, deeply, and return back to the bar close to the indoor pool to cheer myself up with a nice drink instead.

The bartender, a character of a good looking, dark-skinned man in his late 30s. Tall and broad-shouldered with strong biceps, Smiling with those perfectly straight, bright whitened teeth. My pupils traces between him and the empty bar stools, it was only us two.

"Yes my lady, what would you like to order?"

For a second or so, his enchanting features bewitched me and had me to forget my words.

"I-I don't know..." I bumble, "what have you got?"

A brief chuckle flew through his bright smile.

"Anything you like, miss, we can fix it for you."

"Hmm, something sweet and tasty, surprise me," I respond, shyly.

He winks with his one eye, "on its way," and reverted to his job.

He technically looks like a model. All the lucky and outstanding features he had, suited perfectly for a cover page on fashion magazines. But hey! You can assume that people look good without linking to love or affectionate purposes, right? Some people are hot and make you wanna glance instinctively, but the stare started to become awkward, I had to break it by asking.

"Is it true that many famous celebs have lived here, intermittently?"

"Are you here to angle for a story for your publication?" He replied, chopping some exotic fruits.

Who the hell does he think I am? A paparazzi?

"I guess celeb hunters won't sit here in their bathrobe and slippers, ordering a cocktail at the bar around this time, right? Rumors have it that this place is tempting for well-known people."

"Can't disagree on that one," throwing the pieces of fruits in a blender and adds some liquor in it, "we had John Legend and his cute family guesting here last week, and so many more since this Hotel established."

"Are you aware of any staying here now?"

He shook his head lightly, "not really, haven't seen anyone, yet."

"I see," tapping my fingers on the desk.

"You have a cute accent. Where are you from?" Pouring the mixed fluid into a cocktail glass.

"Are you asking to angle for a story or interesting aspects?" My turn to play the smartass.

He smiles, "not bad," touching up the final detail on the edge of my ready drink with a cute sparkling decorative umbrella, and carefully shove it to me, "let's say I'm curious but in a decent way," and brings a mini bag of chips, "it's on the house."

The sweet taste and the pretty layout of the drink were fascinating indeed. That charmer did a great job to fulfill my wish.

"Not bad," I copy him in jest and reposition myself to chill on one of those sun lounges at the pool. Feeling every inch of my muscles in the entire body to loosen up was so relieving as I tear the bag of chips in the middle, when I heard weak noises, coming from the reception in the otherwise quiet floor. My curiosity aroused to where the sounds were locating from. The bartender wasn't in place, so who could it be? It was quite hard to see due to the big, rounded marble pillars in the lobby that were blocking my sight. I sharpen my ears and hear some masculine voices, talking, but then ignored as quick as it faded and became silent again.

*45 minutes later*

It was getting late, and tiredness overtook my eyes and brain. It was time to have a real intense sleep to regain energy afresh for the upcoming and exciting day. The charmer wasn't there for me to share my gratitude for the free chips bag, guess I will take it another time.

There's so much to do and begin with, in this city that I was completely looking forward to, but engines don't start without fuel, nor does the brain without energy, stretching my body out and rose up from the seat to head back to my crib.