✿~Back to the bar~✿

AN;

Hi dear reader(s)!

I used to have my script/context in the middle of this page, from now on, I'll be having it on the side. I found it a bit difficult/confusing to read, to be honest. I hope you feel pleased about this new change. Thanks in advance! ^^

Back in the elevator again where everything began. I pressed on the button to the ground floor and lock my lids for a bit, thinking about the momentum with Sam back there in their room. Is he the real Samuel Drake? I mean, what the hell am I thinking. Of course, he isn't! I'm losing my mind here, trying to figure out if a game character is actual or not. Geez, I really need a rest, to refresh my mind. Seems like my memory is stuck on the railway, not moving further, unable to concentrate, and think, by all means. And this man, Sully, who happens to be here with me, my mind stepped on another path all of sudden, which caused me to open my eyes again, recollecting that he and I are now heading to the bar.

He was standing firm and solid like those bodyguards who protect the celebs behind me. It was hella uncomfy. Never have I had someone playing a shield for me as I've always been a strong and independent creature on my own.

*Cling*

We reached the ground floor. Without looking at the reception desk, we moved onto the bar.

No one was here around this time. I went to talk with the staff which happened to be replaced by another young woman.

"Excuse me, where's the previous staff who worked here?"

She was drying the glasses with a dry kitchen cloth.

"His shift is over for tonight, is there anything I could help you with?"

I chewed my lower lip in agitation, becoming troubled. How will I tell her? I couldn't accuse him of drugging me without evidence. My eyes wandered and over Sully, who was observing me the whole time at the entrance, then back to her.

"Do you know when his next shift is?" I went on.

"He's off tomorrow, but probably the day after exactly the same time as for today."

Damn it! What should I do? It's in two days, I couldn't wait for so long. I huffed, grumpy as I thanked her, and turned around to leave when I saw Sam for a split second next to Sully before he vanished as quickly. I paced, spiritless towards him.

"Did you get it?" Sully wondered.

"No uhm... the main personnel has left for tonight. I give it a try next time", I lied, pressing the button to call down the elevator.

"May I ask what it was?"

"It was my ca...." I halted. I was nearly going to say my camera when I reminded myself that it was upstairs. How foolish, I had to come up with something similar. "My car."

"Your car? Did you drive all the way to the States?"

How stupid of me. Car? Seriously? The most awkward excuse in the 21st Century.

"My car keys... yes, I left it here!" I corrected, thank u brain for saving me this time. It was a close call.

"That's not a concern. He's probably kept it until you encounter again."

The elevator opened and we entered. No signs of Sam whatsoever. I wonder where he left off as the door to the elevator closes.

The quiet mood infected us both while we passed each level. I scanned the abstract patterns in detail of Sully's shirt. He really likes colorful fusion and those weird leaves, flamingos, and pineapples. Discreetly, the corner of my mouth curved into a smile.

"Are you fond of tropical Islands, Sully?"

"Pardon?"

"Have you got memories from there?"

"Such as?"

"Such as a loving romance, or a memorable unforgettable adventure."

He chuckled.

"Now we're poking our noses into other's business, aren't we?"

I smile, widen. I liked this man, earnestly. He was kinda down to earth person. Someone you could rely on if you're trustworthy enough.

"I guess you're right, Victor."

I wasn't sure but I think he slipped a little laugh there in between.

"Funny."

"What's funny?"

"Well, not too often do I get called by that name, specifically."

I wanted to answer back when we reached our floor.

"Ladies first", he phrased while gesturing his hands along.

*Their room*

Time was ticking, and this was the most boring trip so far. I feel like a hostile in a bathrobe, how epic. They were scheduling strategies on how to get there, where exactly I didn't have the slightest idea. What they were going to hunt this time, I did not know either. Do I look intrigued? no. I just wanted to enjoy my holiday.