|Eighteen| January 12th

Shwam dully noted that the date was circled in red marker on the calendar as she swung the fridge closed, milk in hand. There was nothing written, and she couldn't remember any significance to the date of January 12th, so she assumed it was something meant to remind the others of something only semi-important. 

Everyone else in the kitchen, those who ate breakfast mulling about and making a variety of different dishes, while others simply watching the coffeepot slowly fill up, also seemed spectacularly uninterested in the date. 

That is, until Cookie appeared in the room, lips glistening in the light with a thin coat of lip gloss, as she loudly annoyance, "so, it's National Kiss a Ginger Day." 

"Since when was that a thing?" Qween asked around a mouthful of cereal, the others echoing the sentiment, well Ty called across the room, "also your strawberry blonde."

Cookie sighed at the unspoken shut down from most in the room, and Shwam felt a little bad for the girl, but overall watched the scene without mercy.

"I mean, I'm technically ginger," Dyl said from their place leaning against the doorway, lips painted with ever-present red lipstick, before pushing off the door frame and disappearing into the other room. 

Cookie celebrated for a moment, before winking at Shwam and ducking out the same door as Dyl.