Chapter 1

One final look in the mirror and im all set, or so i thought. I rummaged in my drawer and found my studded hair clip, my lucky charm. I need all the luck i can get today.
I just finished my degree a couple of days ago and here i am in the heart of Makati CBD, about to report for my first day of work.
I need a dose of caffeine to calm my nerves. Buti na lang meron Starbucks nearby. I ordered my fave white chocolate mocha. I conveniently forget that im on a budget. As im about to go out the door, a guy rushed past me, nudging my shoulder. "You moron! ", i shouted. Natapunan ako nung coffee nya. He just looked my way and shrugged as if nothing happened and went on his way. The nerve!!!
I ran to the restroom of Alandy Corporation, my new workplace . Wala na. Cant salvage my look. I have no choice but to remove my blazer kase kita yung coffee stain. Im just wearing a simple above the knee beige colored dress. Good thing im wearing my ever reliable Jimmy Choo pumps, ang huling gift sakin ni Mama..... Ayan, naiiyak na naman ako.
I then went to the elevator and lo and behold, andon yung guy na nakatapon sakin ng coffee. I immediately hit him sa inis ko.
"hey, you crazy girl! Anong problema mo?" he said
"Hindi mo matandaan?? You spilled your coffee on me! Today is my first day of work pa naman", i shouted.
He just smirked and sinabi na " No worries, you still look the same. And another thing, bawal dito ang dumb bimbos", sabay lakad palayo. Ugh! He may look like a greek god pero he's also a first class jerk.
I am fuming mad and that's an understatement. Nakakainis talaga. Alam ko na pulang pula na ako. I need to calm down.
As i was about to take a seat in the waiting area, my name was called.
The secretary told me that the company president, Madame Zenaida Alandy, will personally welcome me.  I tried to mask my nervousness. Sobrang lamig ng kamay ko and i just
plastered a smile on my face and greeted her good morning.
Ang ganda nya talaga. The Spanish mestiza is in her early fifties according to the business news. She reminds me of my mother.
" Miss Evita Arabella Berbon.." she said as she reads my resume.
"You graduated with Latin honors  from a prestigious university and a consistent honor student. Impressive! "
She then looked up and stared at me. As if she's at a loss for words. " Are you the daughter of Alejandro and Eliza?", she asked.
I was taken a back with the intensity of her stare, i meekly answered " Yes".
She immediately stood up and hugged me. "You look exactly like your mom!
Im so sorry for your parents untimely demise.. "
a tear fell, and nagsunod sunod na. She comforted me and uttered " Don't worry, you are now officially part of our family, welcome aboard, dear.".