Chapter 7

Dylan's POV

Upon seeing Evie having dinner with Stan, something in me snapped. They look so carefree and having the time of their lives.

Sa inis ko nasabi ko tuloy kung libre ba ng kumpanya ang dinner nila. I instantly regretted what i said upon seeing her reaction. Nahiya din ako kay Stan. But i couldn't take back what i said.

After Evie left, i apologized to Stan. He told me that i went too far. Stan patted my back and umalis na din sya right after.

I remembered that i left Graciela, the too eager girl that i fool around with whenever i get bored. We're having dinner at a nearby resto. I went back to my car coz i forgot my phone. That's when i passed by the diner and saw Stan and Evie.

Binalikan ko si Graciela sa resto. Nawala na ang appetite ko because of what happened. Graciela keeps going on and on about the latest fashion in Paris. Yes, she is the annoying daughter of my mom's socialite friend. And hindi nya napapansin na im not listening to her prattling.

I threw money on the table and stood up.

" Im glad you enjoyed your vacation Graciela. Let's call it a night ", i said in a bored tone.

" Maaga pa! Aren't we going to hit the club? Can i spend the night over at your place?"

"Rain check. Im not up to it."
I kissed her cheek and waved goodbye.

"Wait!", she shouted.

I didnt even look back. I hurriedly slid into my car and left. I dunno what's gotten into me. I am not one to say no to a night of fun.

Damn, that Evie! She still gets under my skin! After so many years.

I could still recall the first time we met. I was 8 years old, stick thin and crying my eyes out.  I've been told that my parents annulment was granted. I didn't know what that actually means. My dad said goodbye to me after packing his things. I went to the village's playground and sat on the bench. Umiyak ako ng umiyak. Hindi ko alam na nakatulog na pala ako. I opened my eyes and i saw the prettiest girl ever. She's wearing a pink dress with a big bow. Kinakantahan nya ako. She sang with an angelic voice, I'm comforted immediately.

" No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true... 🎶"

" hey, you're already awake!
And you're not crying anymore", says the girl. I'm Evie by the way.

Bigla akong nakaramdam ng hiya kase nakita nya ako na umiiyak. I shyly looked up and introduced myself.  "My name is Dylan"

" Can I call you Dee? Ang hirap naman sabihin ng name mo.," says the girl.

" Its okay. Can you be my friend?" i asked.

"Oo naman. Basta wag ka na iiyak ha. Laro na tayo?"

And from then on, parati kaming nagkikita sa playground at naglalaro. We live in the same village. No one knew of our friendship except our yayas.

And as we grow older, we became closer and we also became the best of friends. Lahat napag usapan namin except ang bawat pamilya namin. Evie can't forget the first time we met and she knew the reason why I'm crying is because of my family. Kaya since then, off limits ang topic na yon. We didnt even know each others surname. She just calls me Dee.

Evie somehow helped me cope with what im going through.

We talked about our dreams. Of me becoming a  rock band singer and sya na gustong maging ballerina.  And we always end up na nag aasaran. She calls me iyakin while i call her lampa. We both love to eat pancakes and bacon. We even made a promise na ipagluluto namin ang isat isa when we get older. Parati kaming nag pipicnic sa playground. Those were the happiest days of my childhood.

When i turned twelve, i begin to feel something different. I like Evie, i love her more than a friend...

That night when Evie promised that she will go with me to the school dance, i waited and waited for her sa playground. Hindi sya dumating. Lalo akong na bully sa school. Imaginary friend lang daw naman ang meron ako.

And that same night, while waiting at the playground, i saw my father with another woman...

My mom passed away that night due to heart attack. I am so alone and vulnerable. Bakit iniwan nila ako lahat..

I didn't see Evie since. As if she just disappeared into thin air. I felt so helpless that night. My anger for my father multiplied. My grandmother took me in and treated me as a son.

I vowed to myself that i will never allow anyone to get too close to me to avoid getting hurt. I put my anger into use by enrolling in a fitness class and i also tried playing all sorts of sports. Wala ng maka bully sakin sa school. Ako na ang bully.

I snapped out of my reverie as the guard opened my car door. I went out of the car and still deep in thought. I still cant believe na hindi ako natandaan ni Evie. Did i change that much? Why am i still hurting until now?