Chapter 2

" Ate Evie, wake up! Im hungry!", sabi ni Gelo, my younger brother.

"It's freakin Sunday and I need my beauty rest, Gelo!", and i snuggled under the duvet.

"Ate Evie, im hungry nga! Its yaya's day off. I know you're tired but super hungry na talaga ako. Please..."

I was brought back to my senses and immediately got up. I went to the cr for a quick shower and started cooking pancakes afterwards.

First batch, sunog and the next, ganon pa din. And for the last batch, hindi naman masyado. Daanin na lang sa maple syrup.

"Hey, Gelo! Come on down and eat your breakfast!"
"Oh, wow! My favorite! Thank you, Ate!"

I can see his reaction after taking a bite and he tried to conceal it. He just said na a bit burnt lang daw naman and masarap pa din. Whew!

And after eating, bigla syang tumakbo palabas ng bahay. Punta lang daw sya sa clubhouse to meet his friends.

I cleaned up the mess and
made a list of what i will buy later sa grocery. Ugh, ang hirap mag budget. Im not used to this pero wala naman akong choice.

I texted Gelo that im going to the grocery and I will be back after an hour.

When my parents died, i sold our cars. Natira na lang yung isang black SUV. I was traumatized by their accident kaya i vowed to myself na hindi muna ako mag da- drive. Day off pa naman ang driver namin na si Manong Tor, asawa ni yaya Diding. Anyway, sa labas ng gated village namin yung nearest supermarket. I decided to walk instead.

I heard a cat call from someone riding a flashy red audi. I gave him the finger and i just continued walking. I forgot to change nga pala. Im wearing a white spaghetti strapped top and shorty shorts. Hay, kainis talaga. As if i asked for it.

I finished my grocery shopping in record time. While waiting for my Grab service, I then saw my friends Trisha and Cher at the far end of the  aisle. We've been the best of friends since highschool. I dont have anything against them. Its just that they've been bugging me to join them in our usual shopping sprees and nightout. But i begged off, as always. Im running out of excuses na. Iba na ang buhay ko ngayon, I have different priorities now. I cant just party the night away. I dont wanna mess up... I immediately made a beeline for the exit.

Then suddenly the infamous red Audi zoomed in and nabitawan ko yung mga grocery bags. Cursing, I bent down to pick some items na nahulog. And i heard another catcall. Sumosobra na sya!

And before he drove off, I saw the plate number and it says #1 gigolo.

The effing son of a.... May araw din sya!