CH. III

⋆ ☄︎. · ̊ * 🔭
chapter three

 · ̊ * 🔭chapter three

The road back to Seoul was quiet—the blossoming morning accompanied by rain under the still shining streetlamps, a feeble sun hiding behind grey clouds

The road back to Seoul was quiet—the blossoming morning accompanied by rain under the still shining streetlamps, a feeble sun hiding behind grey clouds. Rain still falls in large lazy drops and the cars pass with a hiss, headlamps and wipers on.

Both of them have soon entered the building of their dorms. They can already hear the group's hearty laughter through the thin walls.

Not a single word was uttered during the entire ride from neither of them. Yoongi understood her situation with ease and didn't want to put her in an uncomfortable place—much surprisingly to Yona.

As they're about to enter the dorms, Ahri lightly grabs onto his arm. His eyes immediately locate toward the spot she has touched, blinking while waiting for some sort of explanation. "Oh," she realizes soon. "Sorry. I'm an arm-grabber," Ahri says the last word in English; not knowing what it means in her native language.

"Thank you for the money." Yet she's swift to change the subject, bowing her head slightly. "I'll pay you back. I promise."

He mumbles after a small pause, "It's okay."

"Yona," he suddenly calls out for her name. Said girl instinctively looks up to meet his gaze. "You can always come and talk to me if you want to."

Maybe Yoongi isn't that bad.

Before she could even utter out a word, the door of the dorm opens in a sudden. Jungkook's eyes rip open at the sight of the tall girl; immediately tottering back and hiding behind the door.

Yoongi and Ahri blink, simultaneously tilting their heads to the side in confusion. Though the former chuckles to himself, entering the dorms while ruffling Jungkook's hair, who's still hiding.

"Um..." Yona awkwardly clears her throat. "Jungkook," she calls out, causing him to squeak slightly. Her eyes widen at that reaction. But she quickly composes herself. "I know that you're there. You... know that, right?"