CH. XLII

⋆ ☄︎. · ̊ * 🔭
chapter forty-two

 · ̊ * 🔭chapter forty-two

"I can never go back to that company

"I can never go back to that company. Let alone face him..."

Jimin and Jeongguk frown, glancing in between each other in confusion. "Why? What happened?"

But Ahri shakes her head. She hides her face behind her hands, releasing distressed and quick sighs. "It's too embarrassing."

"Come on." Jeongguk laughs it off, shoving her shoulder playfully. "It can't be that bad."

- - -

"Are you okay?"

Yona's lips part ajar, staring at him with big, dreamingly eyes. "Uh —"

Because of her awkwardness, he becomes quite shy as well - considering that he's more the timid type in general.

"Y-You have some... drool there..." he mumbles, his eyebrows furrowing.

Soon on, she realizes what is happening. Her eyes widen even further, cheeks flushing an unhealthy color of red. "Uh — I," she keeps on stuttering, avoiding his gaze and looking down while quickly wiping her wet lips.

"Oh, this happens a lot, haha. It's because I'm allergic to men, you know," Ahri blurts out, regretting it right after the words left her stupid mouth.

"Oh." He frowns even deeper, tilting his head to the side. "Are you sure that that's a real allergy, though? I've never heard of it..."

Her rapid heartbeat makes Ahri believe that she'll soon on die. "Um, yeah. My allergy intensifies when I'm around men that I really like—"

Immediately, Ahri slaps her mouth shut with her hands. She makes things even worse when she tries to save herself, though. "I mean, not that I like you or anything, haha. For example, if I'd see Lay, I'll most probably die, you know? Don't even get me started with Chanyeol — and oh my god they're standing right there, it's time for me to go, bye!"

She runs off.

"What was that?"

"I don't know."