CH. XLIV

⋆ ☄︎. · ̊ * 🔭
chapter forty-four

 · ̊ * 🔭chapter forty-four

"She's been ditching school for a whole week now

"She's been ditching school for a whole week now. Why does she even bother to come?"

"I know, right?" She's such a failure. I wonder how her future will look like..."

"Probably not good, considering that she never studies and hangs around with those thugs!"

Her classmates were gossiping their way into adolescence - literally and figuratively.

"I heard that she has a thing with one of them! Beomseok saw them kissing in front of our school!"

"Oh, my God! I heard that she even did the dirty with him in their garage!"

The kids threw the rumors out like lit matches, to see what would catch. Ahri stayed silent while walking down the hallway, listening to the fizz and spark of their words, pretending she was water, putting them out.

"Why can't that foreigner just go back home? What is she even doing her, wasting her time with that rebellious behavior..."

It did nothing to her, really. Her heart became immune to words that wanted to hit her like darts. She decided to put a wall in front of their aiming - the darts rather hitting against it than actually going through.

Casually, Yona walked down the corridor with void eyes, while her classmates have eyes for only her.

Ahri's stare wasn't intentionally cold, her face somehow lacked the mobility others had. Her eyes would rest on a point, even a person, and she'd stay like longer than the average person would.

Others would alter their paths not to cross her and stand further back than was customary. It was like the elongated eye contact demanded a greater degree of physical separation.

"I heard that her father's a total psychopath."

Ahri halted in her steps.

The whole hallway turned silent. Slowly, her head turned to the direction of the voice, and that person could feel their blood run cold just by her strong stare.