CH. XXI

⋆ ☄︎. · ̊ * 🔭
chapter twenty-one

 · ̊ * 🔭chapter twenty-one

After arriving in the building, Yoongi and I make our way to our shared dorm

"Yona," Yoongi calls out suddenly, making me face him.

"Yeah, hyung?" I motion for him to continue, bobbing my head to the side in the process.

"Can we talk real quick?" He asks me.

I nod my head while mumbling, "yes, of course."

He nods his head as well and leads the way up on the rooftop. He sits down, I copy his actions and take a seat on the floor next to him.

"Did something happen?" I question him, a small frown on my face.

"No," he's quick to shake his head, "I just wanted to talk to you about something."

"Oh, okay," I nod my head and look in front of me, gazing at the dark blue sky.

Stars light the sky like snow-flakes in the night, yet appear still, like an old photograph.

Feeling the wind blow my hair into a tousled mane, I enjoy the soft breeze of air.

"I always expect you to tell us or more likely me, everything about your life," he begins while I start to look at him, "but you don't even know anything about mine."

"What do you mean?" I question him in perplexity, sitting up straight and giving him my full attention.

"After lots of thinking, I kind of get why you can't tell us many things," he nods his head while his eyes glisten in the dark, "I mean, why would you tell us about your past if we don't tell you anything or if you can't trust us anyway?"

My eyebrows furrow as I stare at him in utter confusion. "It's not that I don't trust you guys," I shake my head slowly, "it's just that my mouth can't form the right words and even if it does, I can't speak it out."

"The thing is..." I sigh out loudly, trying to put my thoughts together. "I don't like being controlled. And I just..."

My hands ball themselves into fists. "I don't want to be judged," the words leave my mouth more vulnerable than I want them to. I curse myself in my head because of that. "I just... want to move on and live a better life."