C H A P T E R O N E - "I'd rather watch hell freeze over"

Chapter 01 - "I'd rather watch hell freeze over"

"The truth is what I make it. I could set this world on fire, and call it rain"  - Victoria Aveyard, Red Queen.

"Run Ivory! Up up! Come on you will not stay here anymore! Run!" She screeched reaching for the automatic.

"But mommy!" The ten-year-old cried out trying to reach for her.

"Run Ivory, please! Run!" She pleaded to make the girl sob louder but run anyways. Leaving her there. By herself.

Shooting up from my position I try and labour my breathing by placing my hand over my heart and counting to ten just like my mother had taught me, once I was fully calm and my breathing was back to a normal pace I look out the window too see it's still dark out before I take a quick glance at the clock and groan.

4:30 am

Slipping out of the bed I let the cold air hit my warm body causing a slight shiver to come from me.

Walking into my wardrobe I pull open some draw and quickly throw on a pair of Nike spandex and a sports bra before I slip my sock covered feet into my shoes and jogging out of my room down the stairs and into the gym.

I worked out until the clock strike 7:00 in the morning and take my leave running into my room and stripping of the sweat-drenched clothing before jumping into the ice-cold water.

After the cold 10 minute shower, I get out and walk into my room and straight into my closet not paying attention to my three best friend's who was sitting on my bed.

I got changed into a dark blue tight skinned long sleeve, a medium light grey skirt, stockings, and throwing a scarf over my head before shaking my hair out letting it fall naturally down my back in dark black waves.

I stare at myself for a couple of minutes before I look away as the tears stream down my face making me quickly wipe them away.

Standing up straight I let my frosty facade fall onto my face as I slip my feet into my shoes and walk out of the wardrobe.

"Venite relinquo (Let us leave)" I muttered grabbing my bag and walking out of the room at a steady pace with my friends on my right and left.

We walk down the hall of my house in silence the only noise is our shoes against the hardwood floor making me cringe.

We make it to the dining room to see everyone chatting and laughing. I look over to my dad and see him laughing but it doesn't reach his eyes like they use to.

Moving my head I look over to Hudson who has a small grin on his face as he looks over at our uncle, my gaze switched over to Cater who has a dead look in his eyes but he still shows his pearly whites off.

Sitting down I give my papa a kiss as well as my brothers before I give everyone a quick short smile and dig into my meal.

They all have a good time while I listen and grin at most parts before I check my phone and notice it's 8:00 already which made me curse aloud.

"Meirda!" I cursed shooting out of my seat "we're late" I muttered making the rest of the table shoot out of their seats before we all take off running to the inside entrance to the garage.

We all rush into the garage and grab random sets of keys pushing the buttons to see what cars or bikes we had gotten.

It ended up being Me, Kaden, Nixon, Zeus and Nelion in cars with me in the Chevrolet Camaro, Kaden in the Mustang, Nixon in the American Muscle and Nelion plus Zeus in the Dodge Challenger. While my brothers, Braxton, Akashi, Natalia and Azalea had gotten the bikes.

"Let's go," I said pulling out of the garage and speeding down the gravel driveway and onto the main road.

We make it to the school in ten minutes making us groan since we were already late we walked slowly to the office and collect our schedules and locker combinations.

We all walk to our lockers that were all side by side each other only there were two spaces on my left while everyone was on my right.

I frowned at the three empty spaces before I turn and look at everyone else.

"Quis? (Whose?)" I grumbled making everyone shrug or look at the lockers funny.

Groaning I grumbled away to myself as I walk in the direction of our first-period class.

We make it with twenty minutes to spare, with Nelion, Hudson, Zeus, and Kaden with me. I swing open the door to reveal a new teacher who had dark blue eyes and dirty blonde hair.

The class and the teacher look over too us making me frown "morning" I mutter walking to the back of the room.

"You're all late," the male teacher said making me roll my eyes.

"Really cause we haven't noticed" Hudson's deep voice fills the silent room making people snicker.

I plop down on my seat and lean back in my chair as I watch my cousins and brother choose seats around me.

"¿Quién Eres tú? (Who are you?)" I frowned making the teacher stare at me funny.

"She asked who you were," Nelion said looking at the teacher bored.

"Mr. Rossi" he replied with a neutral look on his face making a small cold grin appear on my face "And you" he tilted his head while crossing his arms.

"Nelion Sánchez, Zeus Líos, Kaden Méndez, Hudson Rodríguez and the devil herself Ivory Rodríguez" Nelly Smirked pointing to every one of us and his finger landing on me last making me roll my eyes.

I swear with all this eye-rolling my eyes will get permanently stuck that way.

"Well it's very nice to meet you all just don't be late to my class again," he said sternly but it didn't shock us at how he spook to us.

"I'd rather watch hell freeze over" I grunted shooting him a glare and starring out the window.