Chapter Twenty One "She was free"

Chapter 21 "She was free."

I groan as I roll out of bed and fall straight onto the floor quite literally, I haven't been able to see Giovanni and Its starting to hurt not know if he was okay or not.

The guys have been pushing me away saying the doctor said he needed his space, but I had this feeling in my gut tell me that something was wrong.

My father and a few other groups from our family went out a couple of days ago to scout the last sighting place that my mother had been in apparently.

"Ivy?" Someone questioned from the door making me groan "Oh my, Ivy are you okay?" Marcel asks coming into view now.

I looked up at him and instantly he sends a soft smile my way taking in my bloodshot eyes.

"Come, on let's get you up," he says jokingly pulling me from the floor much to my displeasure "Shower now, and then get ready, we have school," he whispers gently nudging me towards the shower.

Huffing I roll my eyes but follow my brothers' instructions, I walk into the shower and turn it on before slipping out of my clothes and hopping in.

I don't know when the last time it was, but I can't remember the last time I went to school.

I let the hot spray of the shower melt away the unnecessary worries and hop out.

Wrapping a rough black towel around my body and leaving my hair to air dry allowing it to fall in its natural wavy state.

I walk out of the bathroom and into my closet, I pick out a random outfit and started getting ready.

Walking over to the floor-length mirror I take in my puffed-up eyes and sigh, my outfit matches my current mood, softly I place a hand over my stomach and stare at it as if it were alien to me.

There was a soft knock at the door making me drop my hand and turn "come in," I muttered.

Not too long later my best friend enters the room with gloomy faces, sighing to myself I pull out a pair of white and grey Jordan's slipping my feet into them and walking out the girls still following behind me in silence.

Once we got to the bottom of the steps I turned to my friends "Goodmorning," I whispered making them smile sadly at me before responding.

We walk together towards the entrance where the guys wait for us all wearing stone-cold expressions.

I give the guys a nod before walking out and towards Hudson's car, I hop in and sit back resting my head against the window.

Shortly after Hudson and Cater jump in and we're taking off to school, with the gang following behind us.

Once we reached school everyone turned and eyed us as we parked up.

Hopping out of the car Marcle comes to my side and sends me a smile, I smile back before lifting my head high and walking towards the entrance doors with a cold glare plastered on my face.

People hurried out of our way, some staring at Marcle and whispering about the "New Kids".

I groan as the whispering got unbearable, I was ready to snap before the school clowns aka Juliet and her barbie dolls come up to us.

"Rodriguez, introduce me to your new friend," she smirks making my blood run cold.

"It's none of your business, Juliet," I hissed pushing Marcle behind me " and if you knew any better you'd stay away from my family," I seethed pushing her out of my way and walking to my first-period class.

The day went surprisingly smooth, we were sitting outside in our usual spot at lunch, everyone was quietly talking amongst themselves before a ring caught everyone's attention.

Our ears perked and our eyes watching as Hudson grabs his phone and stands up walking a few feet away from us.

I watch as my brothers' expression turns from cold to alert to pained, he ends the call harshly before walking over to us.

"Hudson," I whispered standing to my feet and making my way towards him "Is everything alright?" I asked placing a hand on his shoulder making me look into his eyes and see sadness.

"That was father," he whispers making me frown while Cater jumps to his feet and rushes over to us "They found her," he mutters making my eyebrows shoot up.

They had found our mom.

She was finally going to be able to come home.

She was free.

~*~

This chapter is dedicated to OtsanaMedows who took the time out of her day to make the new cover to my book, I hope you're doing okay and you're safe! I am grateful for the cover, thank you so much :)