C H A P T E R E L E V E N "Scarlet Red"

"We all have scars and ghosts of our own. Some drive us to the scarlet guard, and some were because of it. I know the sting of both." Victoria Aveyard, Cruel Crown.

"We're not playing around Roy, where's our money" I questioned twirling the butterfly knife in my hand as my cousins Julian and Kale stand cross-armed in front of the beaten and frightened man.

"I swear I'll get it to ya! I just need a il'more time!" He yelled dryly making me laugh a humorless laugh.

"How many times have you said that now." I growled out throwing the beautiful butterfly knife into his shoulder making him screech in pain.

"I swear!" He cried out making me roll my eyes before I walk over to him and pull the knife out of his shoulder before bending down eye level with him.

"Three days, I want the money the same place, same time. Or its lights out for you pendejo" I finished off with a whisper before I pull my hood over my head and disappeared into the night.

The sound of the boys and I shoes crushing the gravel below us before we hopped into the blacked out Mercedes and speed away.

The drive was silent the whole way home making me able to collect my thoughts and tell my father how the deal went down.

"You know he's gonna be pissed right" Kale chuckled making me glare at him through the mirror.

"Yep" I replied raking a hand through my hair and sigh past my lips.

The car slowed to a stop making me mentally curse myself for not killing the man on the spot, "Let's go" I grumbled as my two cousins snickered behind me making me flip them the bird. 

I walk into my fathers' study before the boy and plop down on the couch to the side of the room. I watch my father as he finishes writing down whatever the heck he was writing before he turns to me with a smile.

"So," he questioned still holding his smile, "We didn't get it" I mumbled out to him making him frown.

"What?" he asks making me sigh and stand to my feet, "We didn't get it," I said louder making my father frown even more.

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean that we don't have the money," I tell him looking around the room avoiding any eye contact with him.

"And why don't you have the money, Ivory?" My father questions while I glare at him.

"Because he didn't have it" I growled out plopping in the seat.

"Then why didn't you kill him!" My fathers' voice going off like a bomb.

"I think you should calm down sir." The sound of my boyfriends' voice coming from the entrance way.

Boyfriend? Yes, boyfriend, me and Giovanni are officially together after about five months of him coming back into my life once again.

Yes, I know it seems rushed but what can I say, my childhood best friend left, my first kiss, my first love, my first everything. He took everything with him and came back, we're "picking up" where we left off as he likes to put it.