Chapter Twenty "I love you too, sun...sunshine"

"And something inside of me just........ broke.......that's the only way I could describe it." - Ranata Suzuki.

"So what's the plan of action?" I ask looking around the meeting table "we have a plan right?" I mutter.

"We do, but you're not coming on this mission," my father states as everyone turns to look at him.

"Dad!" My brothers shout out as the gang groan in protest.

"But sir, she has to come," Gio says trying to reason with him.

"No, it's final she is not coming," He says looking away from all of us and standing to his feet "I've lost you once Ivory.....I won't lose you again," he mutters walking out of the room leaving behind an awkward silence.

"It's only for your safety," uncle snow whispers looking me in the eyes while I give him a small smile.

"I guess so," I reply turning away and walking out.

It's only been a week since Marcle and I returned, but it's been a whole four months since everyone has seen me.

I continued walking through the halls of our home, I look over the photos where everyone held a happy smile.

Mother and I in one, father and my brothers in another, my best friends since I could remember in another.

We were happy, until that day after that no more photos were put up, it was as if our happiness vanished along with her.

"Ivy," I heard someone whisper from behind me making me turn and face them.

"Yes," I mutter looking over Cater who had his hands tucked behind his back.

"I really did miss you," he whispers tears pooling at the bottom of his eyes.

"I missed you too, Cater," I say giving him a soft smile before he rushes forward and wrapping his arms tightly around my body.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you," he cried making my heart clench.

"I shouldn't have left the house," I whisper finally wrapping my arms around his waist and burying my face into his shoulder.

"We're just happy you're safe and back home," I hear Hudson voice also joining the hug.

"That you are both home" Cater whispers turning making us all turn to see Marcle outside the hug standing there awkwardly making me giggle.

"Come here you big gorilla!" I laugh making the rest of us laugh as well, soon Marcle gives up and joins in the hug making everyone else join in as well.

Sooner rather than later everyone pulls away making me turn in a little circle, I frown as I notice there is someone missing from our group.

(Play Sometimes by Chelsea Cutler if you want A//N)

"Upstairs on the balcony," Hudson whispers into my ear.

"Go make sure he's okay, he has been pretty messed up since you were taken," Cater says offering a sad smile.

Smiling back I wave at everyone before walking up the stairs and towards the balcony, I take in as much air as I could before pushing the doors wide open giving me a view of a person who I've missed.

His back was tensed, and his muscles were flexed as he breathes in and out, small puffs of air floating about, his hair looked as if he had been running his hands through it.

With a sigh, I walk towards him and wrap my arms around his torso, he tensed for a while before relaxing.

"I thought I lost you," he whispered, his voice, it sounded so damaged and broken to the point where there was no returning from what he had seen "I saw the look in your eyes, they had lost their spark, every video, every photo, it...it broke me," He stutters making me bury my head further into his back.

"I love you Gio," I whimpered, Giovanni's back tensed once again, he turns around and grabs my chin.

"Say it again," he says in a hushed voice making me smile up at him.

"I love you, Giovanni Royal," I whispered back, slowly a sad smile takes over Giovanni's face and before I know it his lips are on mine.

The kiss was slow and passionate, it was as if he were saying goodbye without words, I tried to pull away but his hand came up and placed itself onto the back of my neck forcing me to stay where I was.

Once we broke apart I looked up and seen tears fall from his beautiful eyes "Gio," I whispered lifting my hand towards his face and wiping the tears away.

"I-" before he could finish a loud bang was heard, I screamed before looking around, in the garden behind us I saw a flash before it was gone.

"Gio, we have to go," I said only to turn and see him on the ground with blood coming from his stomach "Gio," I whispered slowly kneeling and picking his head up "Come, on Gio don't leave me again," I cried softly into his ear.

I watch as his hand comes up and places itself onto my cheek, I lean into his touch placing my own hand, over his, I sobbed as he smiles revealing blood-stained teeth "I love you too, sun...sunshine," he croaks out making me nod my head. 

Just as he shut his eyes the sound of the door being opened makes me look up and see our friends standing there all looking shocked, I cried out as the boys took him into their arms and out of my sight making the girls gather around me and attempt to soothe me with their empty whispers.