two

Veronica

Veronica.

For the rest of the day, I stayed in bed listening to calm music while reading. My parents got a text saying that I wasn't at school so they called and I told them I felt sick.

The bell unexpectedly rang. I went down and opened the door to see someone I wasn't expecting at all.

"Hi, I'm-" Shawn stood holding a cake in his hands.

"Shawn, how did you-"

"Oh, I just came to say hi to my new neighbours," he explained as his cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

I opened the door wider for him to come in. He followed me to the kitchen where he placed the cake down on the marble counter.

Without warning, he embraced me in a tight hug.

"Are you feeling better now? Alessia told me you felt sick."

"Yeah, I'm fine now," I smiled.

"Do you wanna start on the project?" he asked.

"Uh, sure."

"Okay, one minute. I'll go get my stuff," with that he rushed out of the door.

Meanwhile, I got some snacks and took them up to my room. I went back downstairs and heard the bell ring once again.

Shawn.

As I entered her room I noticed it was pretty tidy. Beige coloured walls with fairy lights hanging neatly from them and two doors at the side of her room one leading to a small balcony and another to a small bathroom.

"Where are your parents?" I asked her since I hadn't seen them.

"At work, they're meant to come back in a few hours," she informed me.

I set my things on her desk while she sat patiently her bed.

She patted the bed indicating me to sit next to her. I grabbed my pen and notebook and sat next to her.

She was gorgeous. When I entered the classroom that morning the first person that caught my eye was her.

Her brown hair covered her face but when she looked up I got a chance to see her properly. We made eye contact and I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a hand began waving in front of my face. I looked at Veronica to see her smiling.

"You spaced out," she told me.

"Sorry, I was thinking about something."

-

"You really thought there was hair there?" she laughs.

"Yeah, I swear I saw some hair," I said.

"Say swear to god," she said with her arms crossed and a straight face.