four

Veronica

Veronica.

It was now the end of the week. It hadn't been bad. The barbies didn't talk to me but they were still giving me weird looks. Me and Alessia had a lot in common, we'd been hanging out together all week.

Shawn?

He was still hanging out with the football team... and the barbies sometimes. We agreed to meet at the roof at seven every day.

The unknown number kept messaging me at 11:11 every night. I figured that it was probably someone pranking me with a load of sappy quotes from the internet.

I heard a knock on my door, "Come in," I said from my bed.

Shawn walked in smiling widely.

"I want you to meet some people," he announced excitedly.

"Not even a hi?"

He shook his head, "Go get dressed, Spark."

"But it's my lazy day," I protested.

He raised an eyebrow at me, "Do you want to go out wearing your sweatpants then? Not that you look bad in them," I blushed as he eyed me.

I shook my head and got up to get dressed.

-

I walked back to my room wearing a black graphic tee along with some dark blue jeans. Adding a leather jacket and black trainers. My hair was put up in a messy ponytail.

"We can go," I said making Shawn look up.

He smiled once he took a look at me. He stood up and took my hand in his, leading me downstairs. I quickly said bye to my mom and entered Shawn's car.

He drove down the street, "Where are we going and who am I meeting?" I asked as my anxiety grew.

"What? You think I'm gonna kill you or something?" he asked adding a fake evil laugh.

I shook my head laughing, "Tell me."

"We're going to one of my friends' house," he explained briefly.

-

We arrive at the house and Shawn opened the car door for me. I thanked him and followed him to the front door of the fairly big house.

He knocked and the door was opened within a few seconds. A blond haired boy stood behind the door.

"Hey man, come in," he said cheerfully, opening the door wider for us.

Shawn took my hand and I got this weird feeling. He led me to what looked like the living room and we sat on one of the couches.

"Spark, this is Jack, Jack this is Veronica." Shawn introduced us, I waved at Jack.

"Nice to meet you Veronica," he smiled, "I'm gonna get something very quickly," he added exiting the room.

I nudged Shawn, "Why am I here exactly?" I whispered into his ear.