thirty one

Veronica

Veronica.

"You should find a better hiding spot, you know?" I laughed bitterly as tears streamed down my face.

I waited for him to answer, lie to me or apologise but he just looked down at the floor, "Maybe you should try acting instead, you're pretty good at it," I told him before throwing the phone at his chest which he obviously caught.

I decided that I'd just leave because he didn't seem to care much about what he did to me. He still stood at the entrance of his room. I tried to barge past him and make my way out but he held me by my shoulders to prevent me from leaving the room.

For the first time he looked me in the eyes and they were full of guilt and sad but I wouldn't fall for this act.

"I didn't do all this to hurt you, it was never my intention for this to go out of control. It's all my fault. I'm deeply sorry, even if you don't believe me," he began to tear up.

"I just don't get why you acted like you were so mad all those times when the pictures were hung up at school, you acted like you were defending me but why?"

"I'll fully explain everything to you when you're calmer, I'll give you some time, okay?" he reached for my hands but I pulled them away.

"I don't think I need an explanation, it's pretty clear that you wanted to hurt me."

"You don't understand, there's more to it than what you think," he insisted but I just left the room.

I went downstairs and made my way to the couches were I got my things and tried to leave without saying bye to anyone. As I began to leave the house I could hear Shawn and Jack calling out for me but I ignored them.

-

Shawn.

As soon as I saw her holding the phone I knew it was over, I'd blown my last chance at ever being in a relationship with her, never mind even being her friend again. I couldn't explain everything to her at that moment because I knew that she was dealing with a lot of emotions and what ever I said would just confuse her.

I wasn't the one who sent all the messages but yes I did send some of them. I was the one who started sending them and I never thought it would end in chaos.

*flashback*

I was quite tired after clearing up the mess we'd made at the little party I hosted earlier. I had to admit the party was very fun even if seeing Jack and Veronica leave together made me sad for  a little while. But getting closer to Claudia had distracted me.

I went back up to my room when I was done and went to my desk to get my laptop but I noticed that something was missing. The phone I'd kept between some books was gone. I began to panic and empty every drawer in my room, I didn't know what I'd done with the phone but I was sure I'd left it there.

I sat on my bed, looking at the mess I'd made of my room and I began to think.

Maybe someone took it but I wasn't sure who.

I then remembered that while we were playing truth or dare two people came upstairs, I wasn't sure why they'd come to my room. Sarah and Sam.

I came to the conclusion that Sam had the phone, he must've been here before or after swapping clothes with Sarah. For starters, we weren't good friends at all; I just had a bad feeling about him. I knew he didn't like me being around Veronica but he had his time and this was mine. He'd tried to bribe me in order to get me away from her, saying that he wasn't the only one who wanted me away from her.

So I decided to get in my car and drive to Sam's house, I only knew his address because I had to drive Veronica there after school on our way back home.

*end of flashback*

When Veronica told me she heard Sam and Sabrina talking I knew that they both plotted all this. The day she told him I went back home and found the phone in my backpack, I was confused as to why they gave it back but it's clear that they wanted it to turn out like this.

I even assisted them in a way, I was dumb to leave the phone out like that but it was even more stupid of me to put the phone back in the same spot. I thought that they wouldn't come back for it but it ended with Veronica finding the phone.

Sam was probably the one who got all those pictures, I would've told Veronica but it would've all lead back to me anyway. I was mad that Veronica was helping him while he was destroying her.

It was all my fault, I started this stupid texting thing. Because I liked her so much that I felt like I needed to tell her without her knowing that it was me.

I wanted to be with her more than anything.

{Vote, comment and share}

Oop now you all know the truth, the party is from chapter 17. SIX MORE CHAPTERS TO GO! I also feel like this heatwave is killing meeeee.

Also thank you so much for getting this book to #8 on shawnmendes, THAT IS FREAKING INSANE I CAN'T THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH!!