ten

Veronica

Veronica.

Wednesday. It was a gloomy and rainy day outside and I still had to get up and go to school. I decided on having breakfast at home since I didn't want to bump into Ariel again.

My mom was making breakfast downstairs and my dad was asleep. I made small conversation with my mom before I left for school. As usual, I parked my car and walked inside very quickly since I didn't want to get soaked.

I reached my locker and opened it to see a note. I picked it up from the floor and began to read it.

If you see this before homeroom please meet me outside the cafeteria, I need to ask you about something.

Sam x

Me and Sam hadn't spoken since the fair so I was confused by the note but I wanted to know what he needed to ask so I walked to the outside of the cafeteria. From a distance I saw him standing there nervously, rocking back and forth on his heels.

Once I got closer he noticed me and smiled widely.

"Hey, I really thought you wouldn't come because we aren't really friends anymore but I'm glad you're here," he told me.

"No problem. What did you need to ask me?" I asked going straight to the point.

"You know I went to those acting classes, right? Well they got me booked to this audition for a movie and I need someone to rehearse the lines with and you're amazing at acting. So I was hoping you could help me out," he explained.

"Sure, why not? I can't believe you're going to be in a movie!" I said excitedly.

"I might not be."

"But you will, your acting is out of this world. Trust me," I tried convincing him.

-

The rest of the day went by really slowly and I hadn't spoken to Shawn at all. He seemed to have been avoiding me for some reason.

A message was displayed on my screen as I got in my car.

Jack:
You free on Sunday? :)

Veronica:
I am. Why?

Jack:
I want to take you out on a date. So what do you say?

Veronica:
Mhm... I don't know.... ;(

Jack:
Well, it's either a yes or a yes.

Veronica:
I guess it's a yes then.

Jack:
I'll pick you up at six and wear something in between casual and fancy.