twenty eight

Veronica

Veronica.

After what I heard I decided to keep it to myself because one, I didn't have any evidence and two, I wasn't sure of what they were talking about.

But I was hard to not think about it as everyone else engaged in conversation. Jack kept checking on me to make sure I was okay.

"Sorry guys but I have to leave. It was nice hanging out with you all," he announced as he got up.

I got up too, I wanted to wish him good luck before the audition. We both walked outside and once we got to his car I gave him a hug, "Good luck, even if you won't need it. I know you're going to do great."

"Thank you so much for helping me. I still think you should've auditioned for the female lead, I don't know if I'll do as well without you there, " he confessed.

"I'm not ready to start my acting career yet and just imagine I'm there with you doing the female lines."

He gave me one last tight hug before he entered his car and I walked back to the front door to watch him drive away.

I walked back inside and sat back next to Jack. I didn't really pay attention the rest of the night, not even when Shawn was singing along to the radio as he was driving us back home.

"Do you want to go up on the roof, it seems like you need to let something out, " Shawn suggested and I agreed.

We climbed up to the roof from my room and laid back before I decided to speak.

"When I went upstairs I heard something really suspicious and I've been trying to figure out what they were talking about," I said quickly.

"Okay... rewind back a little bit. Who did you hear?" Shawn asked me.

"Sam and Sabrina."

"What were they saying?"

"Something about Sam not having the time or motivation to take full revenge on someone and the Sabrina said that she's made him do enough work for her and making sure to leave something when someone wasn't looking. And... they kissed. What I said probably doesn't make any sense but who or what do you think it's about?"

"This might not have much to do with what you just said but what if Sabrina was using Sam to get those old pictures of you? If you think about it, you've been friends with him for a while," Shawn suggested.

"Shawn, why would he do that after I've helped him rehearse for weeks?" I scoffed, "Anyway, back to what I said. What do you think it's about?"

"I'm not sure but I think I need to figure it out on my own," Shawn told me in panic.

"Can't you figure it out with me? It'll be a bit easier you know," I said confused.

"It won't be easy for me when you disagree with every single one of my ideas so you work on your theories and I'll work on mine," he said before making his way down with his backpack.