Cry Wolf: XII

Ahah ahaha 😅 so I'm gonna apologise in advance @EdeGarden  @Kuraichan

The short moment of peace was broken quite easily. All it took was an army to wrest Logan out of Lucien's embrace.

Lucien carefully dressed Logan in elegantly fitting robes before finally acknowledging the fact that he actually was required to lead the war movement.

It was with great effort that he finally left the privacy of the tents and further acknowledged the pest standing at the forefront of the Rebels.

The initial meeting between the Emperor of the Beasts and the Commander and leader of the Rebels was not as nuclear as Logan had expected. Both men simply stood in front of their armies, Lucien looking down upon the Rebels with disdain from his perch at the top of  the hill. It was obvious that the only advantage the Rebels had was surprise.

"Return my dog!" Regan shouted across the chasmic no man's land. He was tightly clenching his fists and the anger in his eyes seemed like a raging inferno. What infuriated him even more was that the dog he so painstakingly trained was willingly wrapped in the Emperor's embrace. The dragon held a floating smile as he caresses Logan's neck- the ultimate show of Logan's submission.

"And why should I return him when he was gifted upon me by yourself." The dragon responded elegantly. Logan frowned slightly at the wording- he had been sent to spy, not to become the Emperor's gift. But Logan knew that Lucien only replied to rile Regan up. The more unstable one's emotions are during war, the more likely they are to make mistakes.

"Enough!" Regan screamed in frustration. "Attack!"

Lucien's lips curved upwards seductively. He knew he had the upper hand when it came to words. It was always best to allow the opponent the first move, draw them in and then, when it's to late to turn back, strike back at full force.

As main powers, Logan and Lucien held back in the killing spree. Both however had shifted into their beast form. Lucien's glittering gold scales were extremely attention grabbing in the midst of the blood and chaos. The jet black wolf beside him provided a clear contrast. Even the Rebels had to acknowledge the beauty of the wolf and dragon.

They casted a scene fit for a fairy tale or legend. Adorned around Logan's neck was a simple red collar. He had allowed Lucien to place it on him after much grumbling.

Lucien had convinced him by saying it was a symbol that Logan belonged to him. Despite their rocky start, Logan no longer detested being Lucien's pet. What was wrong with it? They both felt infatuation bordering obsession.

As the fighting reached a climax, both the wolf and the dragon were moved into participation. Unknowingly they were slowly drawn away until neither could easily reach the other.

It was then, when fully surrounded by Rebels, that Logan realized there was something strange with the situation. Desperately, he tried to fight his way back to Lucien's side.

"It's too late, dog."

Logan snarled as he heard Regan's taunting voice. His enraged eyes travelled to where Regan was standing only to see a crossbow cradled within Regan's grasp. Logan's pupils shrank. The scene seemed far to familiar.

"Traitorous dog, I'll put you down to end this misery."

The words had changed but somehow it was the same as his memories.

"Restrain him. We need his heart's blood." Regan said with a crazed smile. The men surrounding Logan finally managed to pin him down.

Logan was completely startled by Regan's words. His concentration lapses and provided Regan's men enough opportunity to get him in a lock.

It seemed like Logan had an epiphany. The heart blood of a wolf, his bad premonitions and Regan's words all lead his thoughts to an old beast man folk tale.

The story involved a dragon and a wolf. In the story, the dragon and wolf fell deeply in love. But, like any tragedy, they could not be together because the wolf was admired by a god. It is obvious the jealousy of gods. When the god found out the wolf would only love the dragon, he captured her. During that time she was forced to bear his child.

When the dragon found out what had happened to his lover, he flipped the heavens over and became the supreme ruler. The wolf had long since died of sorrow. In his rage the dragon slaughtered the god and all his underlings. It was unknown what happened to the wolf's child, but it was often said that due to the hatred between the dragon and god, the blood of their descendants could never mix.

Regan's obsession with him. He had never understood it until that moment.

As Logan was desperately wishing for Lucien to leave and go far away, the dragon noticed the restrained wolf. A resounding roar could be heard throughout the battlefield. Lucien's eyes turned a dangerous shade of red and he attempted to rush over to help. But it was obvious that he had underestimated the power of the Rebels under Regan's control.

The more desperately the two struggled, the more satisfied Regan felt. His taunting smile dominated and subdued those around him. Lucien's army was at a slight disadvantage in terms of number and none nearby had enough skill to combat with Regan's elite.

Weighing his options, Logan made up his mind quickly and shifted into his human form. The quick change startled the men around him and he was able to quickly twist away from them.

Logan lunged at Regan. He knew it would be a suicide but he would not let his blood be used to defeat the dragon. Regan was startled and drew the knife up in an attempt to protect himself. Due to the circumstances, he hadn't taken on his winged tiger form. Instead he was still in a vulnerable human form.

The knife went straight into Logan's chest however this didn't stop Logan's actions. It was as though he wasn't bleeding to death when he tumbled as a mass of claws and fangs into Regan.

As they fought, Regan was cursing. He finally managed to transform into his beast form but Logan's desperate and violent fighting style left him at a disadvantage despite this. As Logan's soul slipped away from the shell of Logan's body, he could hear the mournful sound of Lucien's cries.

The fighting came to an end after Regan's death.

The Rebels were at a loss without their Commander. Regan had been the leader and mastermind behind the Rebels. With no more orders, the Rebels fell into disorder and Lucien grasped this opportunity to subdue those who were fighting.

When Regan's underlings had tried to approach Logan and Regan, the dragon would go berserk. Logan and Regan remained tangled together in death. Logan's sharp teeth were sunk into Regan's neck.

By the end of the fighting, the Emperor was an emotionless glacier. He gathered up Logan's body, not forgetting to stamp on Regan's remains as he did so. The soldiers felt the the Emperor seemed like a lonely silhouette as he held the wolf close to his chest.

When the story came to light, citizens were amazed to learn that Logan had been a descendant of the Wolf God. A wolf born from a wolf beast man and a paranoid god. According to Regan's close underlings, only Logan's fresh "heart's blood" could weaken and lick a dragon's strength.

Regan had been keeping Logan as a tool to weaken the Emperor's power but his plans had been compromised when Logan was captured. His plans were rushed as he scrambled to retrieve his ace tool against the Emperor.

Due to Logan's restless assault during the fighting, although Regan could have retrieved the blood, by then Lucien would have been able to counterattack. When Logan killed Regan he knew that he would die, he also knew Lucien would not allow any into the proximity of their corpses.

This was Lucien's possessiveness. It was Logan's dedication.

A.N.

The end of Arc 1. I feel like the ending of this arc will seem impulsive but this was my original intention for the ending of the first arc when I started writing it 😅

@hEeEeEeLP_mE your comments 👌