Silence VIII

Okami studied the sleeping man carefully. Snake like eyes closed in sleep, soft black hair and seductive lips. The man looked the part of an oriental beauty. Okami couldn't help but feel his three views shatter. Weren't bandit King's supposed to be bulky and masculine with a ragged handsomeness. Okami felt that the man was completely different to what the stereotypes would have him be.

Asukai. The name popped into his mind with a soft, nostalgic emotion attached to it. Okami could only stare in puzzlement. He felt that his relationship with this man was extremely deep and so tentatively ran his fingers through the other's hair.

Asukai had woken up to the gentle feeling of being stroked. Slowly he opened his eyes and sucked in a deep breath. The morning light made the white fur and hair turn golden. Paired with Okami's azure eyes and the image was... holy.

Softly smiling, Asukai grabbed Okami's hand and pressed a chafe kiss into his knuckles. "Morning." He mumbled sleepily as he pulled Okami into his embrace. Although Okami was slightly confused, he knew that he trusted this man with his soul.

"Are you hungry?" The wolf was asked. The faint sound of a grumbling stomach could be heard in response. Okami's face was painted with a deep red blush as the man chuckled.

Asukai sat up and climbed off the bed. Okami swallowed loudly at the sight of disheveled robes and tantalizing skin. His blush deepened and he forced his gaze away from the Adonis beside him.

"Follow me." The man quickly grabbed Okami's hand, towing him out of the room and along confusing passages before reaching a dining room. There were none in the room to witness as the bandit King dotingly pulled out a chair for the wolf to sit on.

Okami complied and the proceeded to accept the man's attentive gestures. When the food arrived he allowed the man to cut up the fluffy and aromatic pancakes and after the meal he allowed him to diligently wipe his face. The arrangement suited Okami perfectly as it allowed him to consult the system.

"System?" He called out.

[This is the last regret system. How can I help?] was the formal reply Okami received.

"Why were you offline for so long?" Okami asked, innocently curious and unsuspecting.

[The System was experiencing annual maintenance. Apologies for inconveniencing host.]

"Oh..." Okami felt that this was an acceptable answer and so left his curiosity at that. "What are the functions of the last regret system?" He asked after a brief moment of mental silence.

[The last regret system is designed to brief the host of the world mission and keep track of the host's mission progress. Completing missions will grant the host varying allocations of soul force. Soul force can be collected to strengthen the host's soul. Additionally after each world the host can apply to learn new skills. The skills available depend on the strength of the host's soul.]

Okami listened diligently to the information, storing it in his mind. As he digested the information he felt that something was strange. Okami had an inkling that this was not his first world nor his first mission. "What is the current strength of my soul?" He asked after a moment of hesitation.

[Host's soul strength is currently 3 points, with a total upgrade potential of 100 points. Due to host's weak soul, host currently has access to one skill.]

The additional information confirmed Okami's suspicion that this wasn't his first world. He mentally voiced this suspicion out but didn't expect the system to acknowledge the fact.

[Indeed. Host is currently in his third world. Due to host's soul being to week, the system erased irrelevant data so as not to stress the host's soul.]

Okami's eyes flashed. There was no other explanation for the memory loss and yet he still felt a helpless sense of loss.

Asukai, who had been catering to Okami's every need, noticed the confusion and misery in the other's eyes. "What is wrong my dear?" He asked as he buried his face in Okami's long hair. Okami Quickly shook his head and smiled up at the bandit King. With this golden thigh looking after him, he believed everything would be fine. With this thought the tension in his muscles relaxed and he leaned into the other's touch.

The rest of the day was spent following the bandit King. Okami received a tour around the castle and was stunned to see the variety of people. "People call us bandits, but we are merely the desperate. Most of my people are run away slaves and have no talent other then heavy labour. Some of my men are exiled or labeled as traitors by their previous countries. The goal of our kingdom is to make a stand against those corrupt kings."

Okami listened with wide eyes. He quickly wrote on the paper Asukai had provided for him at the beginning of the tour. And the villagers? Will they be able to live here too? Asukai looked at the wide azure eyes and smiled. He contentedly rubbed a fluffy wolf ear and replied, "They can choose to stay."

Asukai conveniently didn't mention that their other choice was to die. He knew Okami would be upset by this and so hid the darkness of his nature. Okami nodded and then seemed to realize something. Can you help me find someone? He wrote before cautiously peeking up at Asukai.

"Who?" Asukai didn't immediately promise this request. If it was someone that could threaten his position in the little wolf's heart, they were better off lost. However Asukai's worries were unfounded as the Okami wrote An Old Man by the name of Ogai Mori.

Asukai looked carefully at the words and then nodded slowly. "Alright, I'll help you find this person."

A.N.

Already on chapter 8 of arc 2... I have never before been so dedicated to something I wrote...

Once again thank you readers for all of your support. It really means a lot to me.
@ FloatingTh0ughts I hope my stories keep living up to expectations and don't let you down.