Silence V

Peaceful times are brief and hardships are everlasting. This was true of the village that had adopted Okami.

Okami had stayed with the friendly people for little over a month and had effectively learnt to communicate with facial expressions and hand gestures. This method wasn't completely reliable, but as the villagers grew more fond of him they began to understand better. He had used this method to contact traveling merchants and then (through writing) had enquired about where he was and potential places that the Old Man could have gone too.

However despite all the best efforts there was none who could answer the wolf spirit.

Okami got along best with the young boy, Yuuto, and the village Doctor Kaito. Although Okami could be considered intruding upon Doctor Kaito's territory, the man had no issues and further idolized the mute wolf. Okami had adopted the two as apprentices. The boy Yuuto had talent with spirit and was able after a short period to condense his spirit. This made him a gifted learner for Okami's and the Old Man's healing techniques.

Although Doctor Kaito was unable to condense his spirit, he was still a talented scholar. Okami couldn't teach him the specific healing methods but could enrich his knowledge about natural healing agents and medicinal plants.

It was during such a lesson that the peace came to an end in the form of bandits.

Originally the boy Yuuto had been injured by the mountain bandits and this caused a major dispute between them and the villagers. The people of the village were usually passive and would solve issues through negotiation. However, this time it was as though a reverse scale was touched and the harmless dragon was angered.

The villagers started their retaliation by increasing patrols and showing hostility to new outsiders. Okami had nearly been caught up in the hostility- fortunately the village children adored his serene temperament and had protected him!

After the patrolling villager discovered Okami was an honorable doctor, he had felt extremely embarrassed.

Of course, the mountain bandits didn't take kindly to the villagers' new found claws. They fought back by pillaging even more then the standard. As bandits, they didn't have many specialized group members and could only rely on gaining food through stealing or protection fees.

Hostility grew and continued growing until the bandit king, angered to the point of coughing blood, decided to deal with the problem once and for all.

The bandits came like a swarm of locusts. The villagers could be hostile to the small "outer court" bandits but could not deal with the elite fighters. Okami had desperately fought with the bandits in order to ensure the boy Yuuto and Doctor Kaito were unharmed. Due to his skill with spirit condensation, Okami was a tenacious fighter. But even so, he was primarily a doctor.

The elite bandit who managed to subdue the wolf spirit was the leader's right hand man. He had originally looked down on the task of subduing the village as it was "simply too trifling". He had not expected such an interesting character to appear. They had battled with spirit and if not for Okami's weakened state, the right hand man would have had no confidence in winning.

The man looked at the pale figure whom he had managed to knock unconscious after a battle of iteration.

"Round them up and bring them back." He ordered. The men under his command promptly replied with "yessir"s before tying up the remaining villagers.

He followed up his orders by pulling out his flask and downing mouthfuls of strong sake in order to recover some of the strength that had been drained during the fight. Asukai was going to love the little wolf spirit.

When Okami regained consciousness he found himself bound up on the floor of an unfamiliar place. He narrowed his azure eyes and concentrated on regaining clarity. His mind was still foggy from being knocked unconscious, but he had inherited the unconscious wisdom of knowing nothing was more dangerous then not being able to think clearly.

After blinking away his confusion, he noticed a figure sitting on a throne.

Throne?

How could a bandit have a throne? Was it the one he had fought with early? No... This man seemed stronger.

Suddenly the man stood up and walked towards Okami. When he was standing over the wolf, so that all Okami could see was the tips of his long and draping robes, the man bent down and slowly ran his fingers through Okami's long white hair.

Instinctively, Okami tried to pull away but was restrained by the ropes on his arms and legs. Okami glared ominously and bared his teeth, but then his eyes met with the other's.

Okami was stunned. The golden, serpentine eyes that often appeared in his dreams... how could this man have the same eyes?

The man laughed gleefully and Okami shuddered at the sadistic note hidden within the chuckles. The man slowly ran his fingers through the long white hair before trailing his hands to the wolf like ears.

As he slowly tickled the ears, Okami let out a soft whine. The noise was grating and raw, yet seemed to intrigue the man. His fingers ran down Okami's face and began to trace his jugular.

Okami writhed and tried to half heartedly escape from the burning touch. This was clearly a stranger. There were no memories of this man in the original's mind. And yet the almost cruel eyes held a nostalgia. It was as though Okami could feel a hidden warmth under the mask of cruelty.

The man gazed down at the confusion and indignation written clearly upon the other's face. He could see the conflict of enjoyment, confusion and mistrust. It was truly a beautiful scene.

And as the other continued with the internal struggle, he bent down and moved his face closer. The little wolf turned his head away to escape and scrunched his eyes closed. But the expected assault never arrived. Instead Okami shivered as the man intimately blew in his ear and the whispered "I found you."

A.N.

Apologies my dear readers! This author-chan was distracted by the sins of the world (in other words the discovery of new bl novels that basically left me with nosebleeds from all the meng)

If you wanna experience ultimate meng, kawaai, cuteness enough to make you wanna explode I recommend reading "Cub Raising Association" (available on wattpad) and "The Number One Lazy Merchant of The Beast World" (available at Chrysanthemum Garden online)

P.S. @GoldenWolve here is your update QAQn