Silence III

Okami was tired. As a victim of poisoning and without ideal conditions to recuperate added to the fact that he was desperately lost meant that he was absolutely exhausted. He had no concept of where he came from or how to return.

Despite his dog senses, cute little Okami was pretty directionally challenged. Even as a wolf cub, he had gotten lost from his pack and grew up wild. His only way of navigating was his exceptional sense of smell but due to the long period of time recuperating and the natural scent corrosion from the weather, Okami had only managed to retrace his steps "half way" and was stuck wandering the outskirts of the forest.

He was able to scrounge up
enough edible herbs to satisfy his hunger but was too weak to hunt for meant and too impatient to set up traps. His restlessness prevented him from setting up camp in any one spot and instead had him wandering the forest like a ghost.

When local villagers had come across Okami, one of the poor people had fainted from fright. Of course Okami was oblivious to the fear the villagers held and was instead extremely excited.

Okami had been relieved at finding people that may be able to help him locate where he was. In his excitement he momentarily forgot about his "evil ghost" appearance and lack of speech. He bounded up to one of the terrified men with his fluffy wolf tail wagging in joy. The targeted man let out a startled yelp and squeezed his eyes tightly closed.

"Please don't eat us!" He repeated continuously while expecting a gruesome fate. The man's companions (apart from the one that had fainted) had all scrambled away as fast as possible.

But while bracing for the worst, none of the men expected the so called demon to open its mouth and make incomprehensible sounds.

The man whose hands were gripped by Okami timidly opened an eye to inspect the demon.

"Ahhhh?" Okami was tugging at the man's hands expectantly, his azure eyes filled with question.

When the other men realized their companion was safe they began to edge forward and slowly surrounded the wolf spirit. After examining Okami, they realized he was a sentient wolf spirit and after even more examination they realized he was unable to speak.

After more gesturing from Okami and his attempt to communicate through gestures and humming noises the villagers decided to bring him back to their humble village. The men were hunters and had gone into the forest- their humble group of five- to bring back food for the village before the winter frosts. They belonged to a small and tight knit community that was not particularly wealthy. In fact there was only a single scholar in their community that was literate and he had only recently settled down as the local doctor.

The name the doctor went by was Kobayashi Kaito, but he had hidden his surname from the villagers. He was a scholar from a prominent family but had chosen to flee so as to avoid his family's influence.

The day he left his family mansion was because of a rather intense dispute with his father. As the oldest, Kaito was a disappointment to the family of generals and soldiers. He had avoided picking up the sword and had instead picked up books and medicine.

The five villagers led Okami to the clinic that Kaito had set up. It was a naive thought they had; that their doctor might be able to help the mute wolf spirit.

Of course Okami, being the sole disciple of the Godly Doctor, couldn't be more clear about the fact his voice was damaged beyond repair. He was certain that even if the Old Man was here there was nothing he could do.

Okami briefly worried about the Old Man. The man that had picked him up was an air head and extremely clumsy. The memories Okami had of the Old Man showed him to be the stupid genius type. He had no idea how the Old Man survived before Okami put a limit on his spending and organized his meals and clothing. Oh dear, how would the Old Man get edible food and not get conned into giving away all his money?

The five villager men noticed Okami's shuddering and horrified expression.

"Don't worry little spirit." They encouraged. "The small doctor isn't scary. We are sure he can help you."

Okami eyed the optimistic men with doubt. What small doctor? If their small doctor knew who he was, he would be kneeling and calling him ancestor!

"Young Doctor Kaito!" One of them called out as they barged into the clinic.

The summoned doctor looked up from his pill making. In such a small village he mainly relied on trading pills to earn enough money to feed himself. Being a doctor was secondary and more due to the village needs than his own choice.

When his eyes eventually rested on Okami, he was stunned. Okami was extremely noticeable and attention grabbing with his fluffy tail and ears. Even more so when taking into account their snowy colour which seemed tan due to mud. He had soft features and eyes that seemed to glow.

However, before Kaito had the opportunity to question what the new face needed, there was a rush of footsteps outside the clinic.

"Doctor, Quickly! Little Yuuto was injured!"

The small, single room clinic became extremely crowded as even more villagers squeezed in. A mid aged woman was in tears as she held a young boy- obviously the mentioned Yuuto- who had a large gash across his abdomen. The little boy was extremely pale and his lips we're tinted with blue... An obvious sign of the beginnings of fever.

"Lay him on the mattress there." Kaito said pointing to an old mattress to the side. Okami's eyes narrowed. He would assess this "Young Doctor Kaito" by the treatment method implemented. However Okami had the feeling that he would need to step in to help the unfortunate boy.

A.N.
Happy Easter!! This is a day late Easter egg from a mad psychotic fairy undergoing an identity crisis believing to be a bunny (cough cough I'm completely sane) to whom ever is reading.

Theatre:

ML: You are mine and always mine! So tell me how long will you love me?

MC: I love you forever as long as my soul exists!

MC dies tragically to save ML and wakes up in a new world.

ML: You are mine and always mine! So tell me how long will you love me?

MC: Get away creep! Why would I love you? I don't even know you? I am not a possession and you don't own me!
🌿👀🌿

So yeah... I always wanted to write a theatre and this is how that thought ends up ~(*^*)~