Silence IV

Okami listened carefully as the middle aged woman began to narrate what had happened. The young boy had gone to the edge of the forests in order to collect edible herbs for his younger sister. The nine-year-old boy was extremely attached to his sibling and even the slightest sneeze would send him into an herb gathering frenzy. His mother- the mid aged woman- had often laughed at the interactions.

As he was gathering the plants the boy ran into trouble with a gang of bandits. The small village lived under the tyranny of these bandits and often lost food and precious medicines to the thieves.

Due to his worry for his younger sister, the boy was unwilling to hand over the herbs he had acquired. Even if his sister did not need them, he could still sell or exchange them for food or cloth. In the end the boy was still a weak child and not only had he lost the precious medicine he had also gained "punishment".

When the villagers heard about how little Yuuto had received such a terrible injury, the villagers were in an uproar.

"Out out out!" The young Doctor Kaito shouted at the infuriated people crowding his work space. "If I am to do my job correctly and save the boy, I can't have you invading all the space."

Okami's eyes softened as he gazed at the small boy. The memories he had of the Old Man made him sympathize with little Yuuto. Wasn't his situation similar? In order to protect the one he considered family he had followed those foreign men only to fall to their scheming. Maybe they weren't so similar, but Okami couldn't help but admire the bravery the boy had. If he had said no to those men, would he have died sooner or would he still be with the Godly Doctor?

'Yes', Okami thought. He would save the boy before the little Doctor Kaito made a mistake.

Okami walked forward slowly and raised a hand to touch the boy's forehead.

"What are you doing?" The Doctor Kaito turned to see this scene and panicked. If the ghost like stranger did anything strange then the boy's life would be at stake. As Kaito tried to move and prevent Okami's actions he was met with a barrier of resistance.

The villagers all gasped. This was spirit condensation. The villagers were all common mortals who had never seen these mystical techniques. What the villagers didn't know was that Okami naturally had strong spiritual abilities or else he would still be a wolf pup running around in the forests.

The hand on the boy's forehead began to glow a soft and gentle azure colour. The boy sighed gently and his scrunched brow relaxed due to the comfort.

"Spirit healing!" The young Doctor Kaito exclaimed. "How does he know Spirit healing?"

After a short while Okami raised his head to look around. Upon noticing writing material on a small table nearby he quickly snatched it up and scrawled a prescription.

His gaze landed on the Doctor and he pushed the paper into his hands.

Kaito looked at the page and the more he read the more bewildered he became. After reading the prescription, his eyes held worship. He rushed around to prepare the necessary ingredients and after a while a small, golden pill was formed. He quickly handed the medicine to Okami. The villagers were amazed that their Doctor Kaito looked like the one with a wagging tail despite Okami being the one with a true tail.

Okami nodded his head towards the bowl pointedly.

"What? Oh oh, someone fill this with water please!"

Okami nodded in satisfaction before turning his attention back towards the boy. He gently shoved the pill in the boy's mouth before looking at the large gash on his abdomen. He received the bowl of water and cleaned up the blood before sewing the wound closed with spiritual energy.

The villagers watched with rapt attention, scared to look away lest they miss the miracle.

The mid-aged women looked to Doctor Kaito. "What was the pill for?" Her question had been on the minds of all who were present.

Kaito explained, "Do you remember how the boy would always be deathly sick after an injury?" He paused and waited for the women to nod. "The way that stranger explained was that little Yuuto has a special physique. Originally my prescription for him was a standard one which contained yang spiritual energy. Although it helped heal his injuries it would aggravate his spirit. The pill the stranger requested me to make contained yin spiritual energy in order to sooth Yuuto's yang physique so that he could give a better treatment."

The little doctor had stars in his eyes. Of course, to a doctor, their is no strength greater then knowledge and no person too small to learn from.

After Okami's theatrical show, the entire village celebrated and once the boy, Yuuto, woke up to discover himself almost resurrected from death Okami became the village mascot for good luck. Of course Okami's arrival was also a turning point for the education of the village. Okami's only way to communicate was gestures or writing. The writing fascinated the children and adults equally and so Doctor Kaito became Teacher Kaito.

After a month or so, Okami became like family. His skills with medicine ensured that none discriminated against his disability. He was permanently placed in the small clinic.

A.N.

Apologies that this chapter took so long 😭 I've been so so so busy recently. To all you people who think design is easy 😂😂😂

Anyways I thought I'd explain a little about Logan's character.

Logan was inspired by a dog...

Don't go giving me hate! Yes he's a wolf but the inspiration was a dog. To be more specific my big boy. His character is how I imagine my dog as a person.

For your reference this is my dog:
Meet Gandalf

For your reference this is my dog:Meet Gandalf