Sheep's Clothing III

By the end of the class Bailey was leaning precariously to the side. His eyes were half closed, showing a dazed and tired expression. Were all classes meant to be a lullaby summoning the magic beast that is sleep? He thought back to his life as Allen. No, he was sure even when Eoin was lecturing him about science he had not felt this drowsy.

"Mr Bailey! Is my lecture that boring?" the unamused voice of the teacher called out to him. He jolted upright, banging his arm on the desk in the process.

Hiss.

He drew in a sharp breath from the sudden and unexpected pain. His eyes blurred with unshed tears as he looked up at the one who had interrupted his thoughts. He looked around the classroom only to notice there was no-one other then him and the teacher. It's over already? He thought to himself as he desperately tried to stifle his yawn.

The teacher could only sigh in exasperation. He was sure the boy had been like a doll when he entered, so where had the sleepy puppy come from?

As though noticing his fault, Bailey's eyes widened. "Sorry Sir." he mumbled quietly before standing and gathering his books. He stumbled out of the classroom in a wary manner.

Hiss.

And again he found himself injuring himself due to carelessness. This time he found his head had a connection with a table. His books spilled across the floor as he tripped. The teacher could only roll his eyes. "Come, you should go to the infirmary." The man stated as he pulled Bailey up. Not allowing any excuses, Bailey was dragged to the infirmary in order to treat the scratches he had accumulated. "But Sir..." Bailey tried to protest.

Did the teacher conveniently forget that he was a mage. And a one with a legendary healing power at that. The dazed boy was pushed into the infirmary. "Michael, treat this boy." The teacher spoke before disappearing.

"Umm..." Once again, Bailey tried to speak up but to no avail.

"Coming." A deep voice spoke out. Bailey felt a surge of recognition. Was this his Eoin? Bailey's bright and wide eyes met a familiar pair of golden eyes. Suddenly, he wanted to pretend that he didn't have holy light magic. Healing? He couldn't do that. This Michael could heal him instead.

"S-sorry." He stuttered. "The teacher insisted that I come here." His voice grew softer as he spoke.

Michael laughed softly. "My big brother is rather forward." He explained. Brother? Bailey felt a surge of surprise due to how dissimilar the two looked. " Yeah, I take after my father more and he after mother." The brief explanation seemed to clear up Bailey's doubt.

Bailey nodded in understanding and then seemed to recall his manners. "Oh oh, right! I'm Bailey Ainsworth, a second year." He lowered his head in an informal bow before peeking up at Michael.

"I'm Michael Denver, third year and part of the school committee. Basically I'm an errand boy for the doctor here." His tone was derisive but his lips curled up into a hint of a smile. "That's right, since you are here why don't I help you with your injuries?" Michael looked the boy up and down but couldn't find any obvious problems aside from a small amount of dried blood on the boy's forehead.

"That's fine. I tried to remind teacher..."He looked down to examine the tiles on the floor as he mumbled the last part. "I don't need to go to the infirmary because I've awakened a healing magic." 

"Oh! That's great. You should volunteer in the infirmary. I'm sure the doctor would love to use you as an excuse to take more naps." Michael said, an obviously mocking note to his words.

"I heard that you brat." A different voice called from outside the infirmary.

And that was how Bailey (willingly) was kidnapped to run errands and heal the sick. According to the doctor it was great to have someone with holy magic as it meant that none of the students who ran to the infirmary to skip class would have a viable excuse anymore. Bailey smiled in satisfaction with the arrangement as well. He felt that this would provide him more opportunity to be around Michael. He was sure Michael was his true love in this world. He was slightly off put by the charming and friendly attitude Michael presented. He felt it incongruous to Eoin who was sadistic and manipulative, but he felt no matter the flaw his true love would always be the best.

Bailey smiled as he made a promise to return to the infirmary again in the afternoon. He then rushed to his next class. Michael watched the boy leave with an indescribable expression. This kind of pure person truly... made him want to stain with darkness.

A.N.
This author is terrible... *cry cry
I really love those dark twisted psychological stories that emphasis the worst parts of humanity and the brief and startling good parts. Like twisted relationships full of betrayal and forgiveness where the main couple are like a pair of venomous snakes biting each other yet holding back from that lethal dose. I'm terrible right?

Oh and I get notifications when people add my story to their reading list- I may or may not stalk said reading lists in search of more good stories. Well there was a reading list labeled as "I want to lock up these authors and get them to write more for infinity". My stalker soul died and went to hell and my nice angel side looked at all the piled up assignments it tried to talk me into finishing earlier but failed too- then died and also went to hell.

I'm just a lazy soul  ~(•~•)~